Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas, work and other nonsense...

Wow. What a week. Let me see if I can remember it all.

First of all, there was Christmas Eve, which I didn't do much of anything. I did a live stream on ustream, in which people could watch me work live. I may do more, but I found myself getting rather worried that it would seem boring. But please follow my TWITTER and you will get the first announcement of when and where it is streaming. Its sort of a spur of the moment type of thing. And not devestatingly exciting, I assure you. I will work on it though to make it more interesting. Like cameras on my drawings, or on the screen while I color. I need to work out the bugs.

So then Christmas. I got up and watched the bots open his presents and then had to head to work. I was quite mad all day because I was working on Christmas. On one hand, I was glad to be there for people who needed last minute things so that they had a good Christmas. But for my own selfish reasons I couldn't stop thinking of the fact that it seems that every job I've had (except for the newspaper) I had to work on holidays. And when I was young, I didn't care because 1-I was raised Jehovah's Witness (which I quit that faith at 16 years old) but still sorta kept the mindframe of not caring. 2-My family doesn't really get together or do huge things around the holidays and it would be just me celebrating it. But now, I am older and a father and I want to spend time with my loved ones for the holidays. I want them to have the memories that I didn't get to have as a child. Know what I mean? So I feel a tad guilty that I cannot be there for my family on a holiday. I was sorta beating myself up for it. But I really tried to let it go and just spend whatever time I could with them. I went to bed early, taking in some Doctor Who 4th season in preparation for today:




Tonight was the first of the two part finale with David Tennant as the tenth doctor. I've only got into Doctor Who since this past year, but I gotta say, I am totally in love with the show and the concept. I started with the 9th Doctor, and moved into David Tennant's era. And now while staying with that, I have backtracked to Tom Baker and Peter Davidson (4th, 5th doctors) and their stories. I love all of it. Now this must mean alot more to the longtime fans to see the tenth doctor's eventual demise, but to me, I feel like I am right there with him. It will be painful to see him go. But still, I am excited for what is to come with the 11th Doctor next year. We'll see.

So I enjoyed Part One of THE END OF TIME finale. Part Two airs next saturday. I will not miss it!

Other things I watched this past week (Cause I've been trying to catch up on my viewing): THE HANGOVER (thought it wasn't as great as I've been hearing), MEGAFORCE (which was fucking awesome!), TURKISH STAR WARS (which is... is... God, I don't have the words for how jaw droppingly nuts it is to watch it. Just watch it. Or at least watch the last ten minutes on YOUTUBE. Its just insane), TROPIC THUNDER (which I absolutely LOVED!) and The Family Guy's SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING DARK SIDE (Or the EMPIRE STRIKES BACK riff if you like. And it was what I expected. Lots of cheap laughs and made me want to re-watch Empire again. And track down the score again.)

On the work front, I got two pages left to color and then I am done coloring ANNA. Then Word Balloons. Hopefully done in the next week or two. I gotta work tomorrow and wednesday. Wish me luck that I can get ANNA done by January 2nd at the latest. Thats my goal right now.

Anyway, thats whats up with me. I wish ya'll great thanks for following me here on this bloggy and I hope I entertain you. Happy Holidays and a happy new year. I'll post another Happy New Year to everyone before the year goes out.

Cheers, T

No comments: