Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Xmas is coming and so am I!

Hey ya'll! Fun week. Buncha kids being loud outside our apartment every night. Called cops tonight. Hopefully its not an issue anymore. Sucky neighbor assholes anyway.

Been busy with commissions and what not. But took time to watch Toy Story 3. I didn't like it as much as #1-2, but it had a lot of heart in the beginning and end. Its made me give a lot of thought to what was my most cherished toy as a kid. I don't know if I had one stand alone thing. I had lots of action figures (Trek, Wars, Heman, etc). I had lots of cars but one of the things I loved to play with was cardboard boxes. I loved to make spaceship control consoles and play in giant boxes as well. I made robots too. I was always building or creating something. Model kits of STAR TREK ships or cars. I guess around the time Nintendo arrived, I stopped all of that. But if I had to label one stand alone toy, it would have been my Star Wars figures. I played with them the most. I had the Falcon and I played with them a lot. I still have some even. And I guess this guy right here, he was my "buzz lightyear or woody"....




Yeah, I was HAN SOLO a lot when I played action figures with friends. He was my main guy. and I still got him. Despite all my moves, I've kept him. Not prominant but still, he's never got tossed. I think one day when the kid is old enough I will give him and all my other unopened newer Star Wars figures. I hope he has better adventures than I did. Cause I had doozys.


In other news, I took all week to upload every CD I owned and made them all digital files. All 400 of them. They are all gone but 30 of them. Here's the bots playing with some of the more scratched ones..




He loves playing with discs. Anywho, I kept the really nice 2 disc expanded artwork collections like the U2 remasters and some of the rare 2 disc book prog rock releases. and I kept ALL the beatles remasters. But other than that, all my cds are gone. Ones that I've had since I first started collecting even. I sold some to local stores and some were in too bad of shape to try to sell. Its very liberating to be free of all that clutter. It took 5 boxes to move all my cds last time. Now I can fit all my cds AND my music related DVDs in one box. Here's to lightening my load!

Also considering getting rid of alot of my in box figures. They just take up space. Things you own end up owning you. Word.

Lastly, he had our thanksgiving today cause the wife is working on thursday. We ate a nice big turkey and pototoes. TONS of leftovers. I got this cute little Xmas tree from biglots for dirt cheap. My favorite color! Just an extra tree for decoration. We'll put the big one up this week. I cannot wait to buy presents for the kids and wife to put under it!




I also sent the wife my xmas list. Mostly things off of Amazon.com! :)

Anyway, back to artwork! Cheers, T

No comments: