Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day



I got my wife a surprise ring for this Valentine's day, but I thought I would augment it with this post, that I know she will read.

I am utterly amazed every day that I wake up that someone thinks that I "complete" their life. That someone puts up with my wild dreams, ideas and ambitions and supports me 100% no matter what. That someone lets me put up my Star Trek figures proudly in our living room in my office and tolerates the mess in that office. That lets me buy the nerdiest most obscure movies ever made and watches them with me willingly. That someone listens to my non sequitor rants and raves and laughs when I trip up my words. That someone listens to my bitchings, even though they don't want to. That someone will drive all the way across the country to visit a convenience store that was shot in a movie. That someone will let me take a large portion of money to fly to the other side of the country to live out my dream. That someone never has looked at the greener grass of another man, cause the grass isn't greener to her. That someone never gives me shit about my weight, my lack of success or progress on certain things or the pile of dirty laundry untouched. That someone let me actually wanted to produce another life with me. That someone trusts me completely and without regret or caution. That someone laughs when I put stuffed animals up close to her face and make them talk to her. That someone doesn't get sick of seeing my fat worthless ass everyday. That someone doesn't even care that I am fat and would argue that I am NOT worthless. That someone works hard to provide for our family and actually enjoys it. That someone cares so much about herself that she will do anything to stay healthy. That someone will ride with me in the car for an hour to get my comic books.

All these things and more make me love my wife more and more each day. Happy Valentine's Day muh sweetums!

T

No comments: