Saturday, February 06, 2010

Long update with tons of notes

I've realized lately that a lot more people read my blog than I originally thought and I'm getting alot of emails about its content. So, here's an effort to entertain you folks yet again. Some notes on latest developments in my day to day along with some future plans. But first off, let me start with a fun pic. Something I call "Parenting Fail."



The story goes: I was scanning and coloring on my computer. Behind me, I hear the bots playing with his purple dino laptop and really being quiet. Stupid me, I forgot the golden rule of parenting: when they are too quiet, there's mischief at play! So he got ahold of my kleenex and pulled it all out of the box! I turned slowly to get a kleenex and found this. So... parenting FAIL!


Up next, I got my first SIDESHOW TOY 1/6 scale figure: A Stormtrooper!



I thank Trevor from the podcasts wholeheartedly for this gem of a lifetime. My first high end toy figure! I Really want to open it and display it, but I may let it sit in the box for a while. I used to collect toys pretty hardcore back in the day. I got everything and mostly based on speculative things or how awesome I thought the scultping was good on a figure or not. Then I had to curb that addiction. I just got STAR TREK related things. But now I am going back a bit and enjoying toys again. So a million thanks to Trevor for the toy, which I understand is limited to 1500 pieces! I hope this doesn't make me grow broke buying other $100-500 figures! The wife would kill me.

Up next, I got my valentine's day gift:



I desperately needed some new decent clothes. I got two Doctor Who shirts and a couple nicer dressy shirts. That way I can dress up a bit and not look so slovenly as I have of late. I got the wife a suprise Ruby ring! She loves it when I buy her jewelry, as she is a whore for the stuff.

We got our tax return so we've done a bit of shopping the last couple days. On Bluray, I got: THE WRESTLER, DOCTOR WHO: THE END OF TIME 1-2, SILENCE OF THE LAMBS. Regular DVD: ZOMBIELAND. On Cd, the new ROB ZOMBIE. I also finished up my STAR TREK MEGO action figure buying by getting CHEKOV. Now I got all the original cast, plus a Romulan. I think I'll get the Klingon and call it good. No need for the other dumb aliens. I also got a new bookcase which should arrive next week. I am expanding my nerd collection from two huge bookcases, to three! Got tons of books, toys and other things that need a place to go. So I am overdue!

Another thing I bought was some modeling kit stuff. I used to put together models when I Was wee. I cannot tell you how many times I put together the NCC-1701. So I pulled out some older kits that I bought a while back and barely started on. Also scored the new ENTERPRISE E model kit. I got paints and a bunch of new stuff. So I started work on some of the models last night. I got some painting to do tomorrow outside. Right now, I am doing a Klingon ship and the NX-01. After those, I'll tackle the rest of the Enterprise E. Nerd, I know. but I make that shit look good!

In Netflix, I got DISTRICT 9, which I gotta watch by monday. I got the MINDSCAPE OF ALAN MOORE, which was a good first watch. I wouldn't buy it though, but its worth a rental. Way better than THE ROOM, which I got the previous week!

On the artwork front, I got my new businesscards in the mail. They look super awesome! overnightprints.com are the fastest, cheapest place ever! Highly recommended! I also got some new prints for 2010 conventions done. I intend to get some drawing done tonight on Anna #2 pages. Its coming along. I'm about 1/2 way through it. Getting to some interesting scenes...

Lastly, tomorrow is the Superbowl. I took the day off to watch it, like I do every year. I regularly root for the Colts, but really, I wouldn't mind seeing the Saints win it. New Orleans could use the boost. Plus, I like hard luck/beating the odds type of stories. Hey, as long as Brett Farve ain't in the Super Bowl, I don't give a shit!

Well, thats all thats new. Back to work with my ass.

T

No comments: