Monday, November 29, 2010

Leslie Nielson RIP and other stuff...

Hey folks. Glorious Monday morning here. I finished all commissions this weekend and took some time to draw yesterday on whatever I felt like. I did some more things for my upcoming "artbook" that will see release in March or April. Sometimes, the ink flows right and a concept I sketch comes out quickly, exactly or even BETTER than I concieved it. Yesterday, I did some sketches for possible pieces and I drew this Legend of Zelda concept that I really liked instantly. So I went ahead and drew up the final piece and everything came out on it exactly like I wanted it to. It really came out nice. I'm gonna scan it and color it, maybe even make a print out of it. I guess the drawing gods were with me during the day! But then the kid started acting up out of neglection so I had to stop. Natch. :)

But to celebrate, I plugged in the SNES "Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past" and started from the beginning. by the time I turned it off, I was in the 3rd dungeon in the Dark World. Probably beyond the halfway point of the game and I got a lot of the extra crap in the game as well. So yeah. It felt good to plug in and play away a night of potential working for once. I even forgot to watch WALKING DEAD in the process! I gotta catch up today via On Demand.

Learned late last night that Leslie Nielsen the actor passed away at 84. I really dug the man. From Airplane to the Naked Gun movies, to even his lackluster later spoof movies, it was all gold when he came on the screen. I love his turn in Forbidden Planet, where he played a very convincing stern lead man of those 50's Alien movies. Also a great turn as a bad guy in Creepshow. And a similar role to F. Planet in The Reluctant Astronaut. It was always a treat when he arrived into a movie. and I'd put him in my top 30 favorite actors of all time. He was just great. And he will be missed. They don't make em like that anymore. Someone I follow on Twitter said they'd trade 30 Russel Brands for one Leslie Nielsen. I couldn't have said it better myself.

I forgot in my blog that I stated that I was gonna start telling things about myself each time and I skipped a few. so here's another factoid about me: I hate pirates. I hate the concept of pirates. The whole "talk like a pirate day?" Hate it. I love The Goonies, all up till the point to where they get to the Pirate ship. I just don't like pirates. Why? I don't know. I just don't like em. I've never seen the Pirates of the Carrabean movies either. Or Cutthroat Island. I hated Hook. So why do I feel this way? What made me so against the concept of pirates and why can't I just go along for the fun? I don't know. But I resist with a fist. And everytime I see someone cosplaying as a pirate at a comic con, I want to take their fake sword and jam it in their nutsack.

Till next time me hardys..

T

No comments: