Sunday, February 26, 2012

OSCARS

Tonight, I watched the Oscars yet again. Its a tradition I started with my mother back in the 80s to where we never missed a year. And this year I did it again, despite the fact I've barely seen any of the films nominated. I loved that Hugo got some great attention. Also that The Artist won a lot. This year definitely seemed to be a celebration of the magic of movies and I am glad to have seen that played up. My favorite bits were Christopher Plummer FINALLY winning some gold. The writers making fun of Angelina Jolie's rediculous spread leg pose thingie. (What was that??!?!? I thought it was a set up for a joke or something. Did I miss something?) Also Supporting Actress winner for The Help was touching. Billy Crystal was great as always. Much MUCH better than last years' hosts. All in all, I had fun. All the popularity crap and favoritism/politics aside, something about the Oscars always brings up the magic of old Hollywood and the cinema as an artform. And thats why I enjoy it each year.

_________

This weekend was a good one. Drank with Dean and Mjit on Saturday night and then went to my in-laws today. I also finally broke down and got something I've been wanting for years, A FISH TANK!!! I got some nice fish today for it and I am enjoying them very much. So are my cats. They cannot stop pawing at the tank. Looks like I am gonna have to train them not to do that somehow. But anyway, I am very happy to finally get it. It was an investment but the kid loves watching them and I have been in love with watching underwater life since I was a kid. My family had a tank when I was a child and it brings back some pleasant memories. I spoke with some fish experts today and learned a lot. I hope to apply it to my new pets and give them a good life. I know, its just fish. But to me, they are much more. Call me Mr. Limpet.

Well the rest of this week I hope to get down and dirty on some artworking. I have slacked off the last few days. And I am mostly gonna be running the house alone as the wife is on late nights. So I hope to get ahead a bit. Wish me luck. I made a huge TO DO list and I hope to crank on it. For once.

Cheers everyone and have a good week!

T

No comments: