Thursday, April 24, 2014

Various Goingz On


HEY ALL! Thanks for checking back! Bunch of stuff going on. I'm doing commissions and art pieces to replenish my convention stock. Here's a couple:





Also I have been recoloring/retooling a few of the old favorites. Here's a peek:






All three already got more comments and "favorites" on DA than they did the first time. Seems I'm on the right track! 

I got more commissions this week, including a stack of sketch covers headed my way that will be slabbed and graded through the CGC. Very exciting and great for the people who are getting them to trust me with such esteemed honor. Also I've been selling some promo cards through FB and selling off some of my collectibles on ebay. 

This is all in an effort to keep up with daily bills, which have fallen behind. First quarter of the year was quite tight and quiet. I kept afloat but just barely. The wife and I have done some talking and the decision was made for me to go back to overnight part-time work. To be honest, I am sort of looking forward to it. It will get me out of the house a bit and a break from the kids and talking to people. They can be a handful sometimes and it will feel good to know that bills are defintely covered. Plus the wife and I have some goals to finally drop a ton of bad habits we've always struggled with such as eating out all the time and saving money. We want to save for a house, really bad. But right now living check to check it just won't become a reality. 

SO: We've sat down and made up goals and expectations and have come up with a two year plan to make everything fall into place for us to get the life we want. And as we do this, many things will come to pass. Such as: Losing weight, staying active, less stress, comic conventions funded, comic printings/art materials funded, the ability to do more conventions in the future, a house (The one we want) and the ability to decorate it how we want, newer furniture, better style of living, all bills paid and other things. The only downside to all of this is I will likely have to get a late night job that likely don't pay super well and I will be struggling with a "regular schedule" of sleep. The wife will have more regularity than I will, but that is fine. I can grab whatever sleep I can and attempt to stay sane.

I know, reading all of this makes you scared that I am quitting or I won't have time to draw. Well, thats not accurate, exactly. I will MAKE the time to draw. I will still be as productive as I am now. In the past I have worked 2-3 jobs, went to college classes and STILL did my comics. So I am a good juggler, especially when its for things I am passionate about. So nothing changes. This is all a good thing and I hope I score a good job that allows me everything I need. I tossed out a ton of applications and like everything I do, I am just tossing it to the winds and come what may. 

No worries folks. This is gonna be great! I appreciate all the support and thoughts. We're gonna make it all work. And in the end, we'll emerge triumphant. Rock and roll!

Cheers, T






No comments: