Wednesday, April 30, 2014

NEWS GALORE!

Hang on folks! This is a lot of info to get through so bare with me!

First of all, this weekend is the big FREE COMIC BOOK DAY signing! I'll be at Clems Comics in Downtown Lansing from 11-? on Saturday the 3rd for FCBD. I'll have books, art, prints, sketches and more! Kids 12 and under get free head sketches! I also made 4 new prints that will debut at the show! Fans of Sherlock, Game of Thrones, Star Trek and Doctor Who will be pleased. Also some re-colors of old favorites will debut at the show. All show details are HERE - It really is a great event and family friendly too. Doesn't cost a thing to come get a free sketch and comics for the kids. Plus come to see the artists draw! As a bonus, my buddies Sherief and Daniel will be with me at the show and we'll be doing art on an exclusive print that will debut at Cherry Captial Con! Its TMNT related. I started the art and they are going to finish it and it will be a show exclusive! So come see that and buy some stuff from us! All funds I make will go to pay for my trip to:

CHERRY CAPTIAL COMIC CON! May 23-25th. I'll be there all weekend. Copies of Anna, Pleasant Life and my Artbook will be there, guaranteed. (unless I sell out online suddenly! Who knows!) Details on that show are right HERE

The latest sketch card set I worked on is out. Its called Pinups and Pitbulls. Its through Galan Art. For those who found me via that set and come here, welcome! I do have APs available from that set and from the previous set he did, called Contemporary Pinup Puzzles. The cards are NSFW and for Adults. But EMAIL ME HERE if you are interested in any of them. Some are blank and can be commissioned for whatever you want! I also have some promo cards from the set. Here's a pic of them:


Okay a break from the plugs. Here's my dog Poppy and I. 


Okay, the BIG NEWS is that I got notice that my PLEASANT LIFE books and the ANNA REPRINT/REPRINT has shipped today! So I should have those next week and I will fill and ship orders by next weekend after sketching in all of them.

What is the ANNA REPRINT/REPRINT you ask? Well, after my review at Geek Life Podcast, I decided that I could touch up the colors on the first book a bit. I didn't want to go in and recolor the whole thing, but change the hue and saturation a bit. Also, I could fix a raised eye in some places. But as luck would have it, when I got the initial order of my books from Ka-blam, there were some mistakes in printing. Some cut offs, fonts not embedded and some damage in shipping. So, after talking with the agent there, they offered to reprint my order and I had to resubmit the files. So I took the opportunity to just recolor it a bit and then fix a couple mistakes here and there. So this is the REMASTERED ANNA POCALYPSE! And Ka-blam was gracious enough to let me keep the previous books as well. So I got double the amount! I mostly will be using the first order to give away and have as back stock and sell the main remastered ones.

Its essentially the same book but with minor color correction changes. Here's some page comparisons. The older page is on the left and the re-colored versions are on the right:




 So as you can see, its a little less "out of the tube" of color. Which was the complaint in the first place. Hey, it was my first time ever doing a color comic! Not too shabby for that eh? But trust me, Anna 2 will have a completely different color pallate. I already planned on that. So anyway, both ANNA and PLEASANT LIFE will be in stock by next week. Got your copies on order yet? If not, what you waiting for? Order online right now by going to my online store right HERE

This week, I got hired to do some commissions of sketch covers. The intention is to do them through the CGC and get them slabbed and graded. Here's a couple I have finished already:



The clients are great to work with and I am pleased with how it is going. Sketch covers scare me a bit because some covers have an off glossy stock that don't take my copic markers too well. But I am working slow and steady to make sure I don't get those muddy mixes of inks and markers. Luckily so far I've been okay with it.

Hey, you are keeping up with the IDIOTHEAD MORNING SHOW PODCAST right? You better be! Loads of inside info there and its all free! Have me in your ears for 15 minutes 2-3 times a week! Click on link there or subscribe via Itunes. FREE!

Over at STARSLAM, things are heating up big time. We're now in the fallout of the events of the death of Draid and how its effecting things. But there will be no rest for our heroes as a major baddie steps up to the plate! If you are over 18 and enjoy adult related content in your comics, go read it right HERE - New page up every Monday!

Lastly, I've been asked a lot recently for commissions and I am ALWAYS taking commissions. Adult related and not. ALWAYS! Simply EMAIL ME HERE  and we can discuss what you need done. All proceeds go to feed my family and keep my lights on. Thanks!

Okay, whew! I think thats everything. Thanks for reading and thanks for the spike in website hits and downloads! I appreciate it! We're rockin' and rollin' in this big 20th Anniversary in Self Publishing year. And with these shows coming up, we're ready to take off!!!

Cheers with peace and love,
T


No comments: