Sunday, October 18, 2015

GRAND RAPIDS COMIC CON RECAP (pics)

Hello friends! I'm back from a long weekend at Grand Rapids Comic Con. It was my first major show in a long time and it was good to be back at one. I've had a few minor shows and appearances throughout this year, but this one was the big whammo. I came loaded with a bit of a new display scheme (not complete, but on its way) and a ton of new prints, new book and more. Here's the scoop of how my weekend went down.

FRIDAY -

I showed up early and set up. Ran into my friends Brett, Kevin, Connie, Dirk, Katie, Kasey and Daniel and ran the show. It was decent traffic for a Friday and I made some nice scratch. After the show, I met up with Misty and we checked into our hotel and walked next door to a steakhouse. I had a rather large alcoholic beverage. Wow was it full of alcohol! We ate and stumbled back to the room and took a nice dip in the hot tub in our room. It was very relaxing and a fun night all around.

My table set up for Fall 2015. Books front and center, like they should be!

Oddest but coolest cosplay choice I saw: Walter White in tidy whiteys. Um... okay!

A VERY happy new friend takes home some Trek goodies made by me!

I didn't get a front shot but I appreciated the cosplay of PAPA and NAMELESS GHOUL from the band, GHOST! Fuckin' A!

That's one big mama jamma!

Um... you got breadsticks for me to soak up this alcohol? Hello!

SATURDAY - We woke up super early and arrived and set up ready for the madness. Saturday's show was sold out so we expected a madhouse. And it was a madhouse. Crazy busy. After a long day on the convention floor, we decided to trek to downtown Grand Rapids to a place called STELLAS... supposedly one of the best hamburgers in Michigan. And that would be a very correct statement! After that, we opted out of going to karaoke as pre-planned and just headed back to the hotel to relax. Unfortunately, our door was locked from the inside, so we had to get maint. to come fix it. Finally we got in, watched the new Amy Schumer comedy special and then I passed out on our big King size bed!

STELLA's burgers... a delight!

At STELLA's... LOST IN SPACE, STAR TREK, ELECTRIC COMPANY on the TVs. I like it!

....and arcade games! Muthafuckin' TRON in the house!

SUNDAY - Sundays are typically my buying day. I decided to score some rare Trek goodies like a Video disc from the 80s and a couple books here and there. I kept it to a minimum like a good boy. Finally after 5pm, we said our goodbyes and headed to a pizza place called PEPPINOS to meet up with Misty's friends from Grand Rapids. They just had a baby so it was fun to interact with a 9 month old for a bit. I love em when they are that young. Then we took the long trek home to unwind. Whew, what a weekend!


Remember these, kids? Check out that exclusive box artwork!

All in all, it was a great time. I got some time to relax, see old friends and show off some of my new stuff. I learned some lessons, met new people and got to be around my nerds again. And it is going to get even more nerdy in my world because today they released the new STAR WARS poster:

Oh man! I have a GOOD feeling about this!!!!

Yeah, the nerdiness never ends. You could say, the nerd is strong with us!

Thanks Grand Rapids Comic Con for having me out. Thanks to all who stopped by and met me and got some stuff. I appreciate it more than you know.

UP NEXT: MONSTER BASH 2015 in Owosso, MI on Oct 30th and then I am done for the year!

Cheers, T

No comments: