Thursday, October 15, 2015

GRAND RAPIDS COMIC CON THIS WEEKEND Plus other news....

Hey friends! This weekend I will be at Grand Rapids Comic Con for what is sure to be a weekend of insanity. I'm understanding that Saturday and Sunday will be selling out. I got a few new things for my booth like a display scheme and new prints, so I am coming loaded as can be. Doors open at 2pm Friday and the show ends 5pm Sunday. I plan to check out some cool restaurants in Grand Rapids and have a nice vacation weekend. Believe me, sorely needed! But anyway, I'm super stoked for the show. Just a wake up away from a weekend of comic insanity! Come out and see me there if you are in the area.

Also, NEW SHOW added! (Just when you thought I was done, eh?) On October 30th, I will be at a little shindig called MONSTERBASH 2015! It will be a party/horror vending mini show where there will be showings of classic horror films like "Night of the Living Dead" and "Nosferatu" and with an electronic score provided by a DJ. Horror vendors, cash bar and costumes galore. Its sure to be a fun time for all. For info, hit up their Facebook event page HERE and to order tickets, go HERE - Ticket price includes pop and popcorn for the flicks. And come in costume! Have some fun with it!

I got a TON of things to do in the next couple weeks. I got Star Wars cards to finish, plus coloring on Starslam 2. While at the same time, I am building my new Kickstarter launch for the book! Its gonna be crazy times. I'm working different hours at my dayjob too, so that will factor into everything as well. Busy times. But its been very good so far.

While all of this is going on, and I am reaching the end of Starslam 2's production... I find myself getting very excited for all things PLEASANT LIFE. I have been sketching on the characters and adding dialog to my script pages here and there. I can't get them out of my head. This new book I will be doing for them will be very very cool. I can't wait to clean the plate by the end of November so I can start tackling that book. I'm already 40 pages in on it, so I got a nice head start. It will be a higher page count but less time because its smaller art pages and no color. So I get to just focus on the story and the fun of being with my old pals again. That's what this new book is all about. Reconnecting. And also seeing how the changes that life throws at us can effect our lives. Deep shit, but what else would you expect from the slice of life book where I cut my teeth in comics, eh?

I did get the chance to relax a little this weekend when I had my boys up. I watched AVENGERS 2, which was a fun watch. Also A HAUNTED HOUSE 2, which was so stupid I laughed in parts. THE CONJURING which had some scary moments. And lastly I watched that KURT COBAIN: MONTAGE OF HECK documentary. It was absolutely excellent. Got me in a Nirvana mood again, which is easy to do.

So see? I am taking the time to check out new shit finally. I am learning to slow down a bit and enjoy the moments and veg out for an hour or two. Feels odd, but good. I've been on extreme mode all year, working 16-18 hour days and getting no sleep and beating myself up for things that aren't done yet. But I am learning that the damage control is over, I made it to a comfier place and I can slow down and smell a rose or too. Thank the Lords of Markol 7 for all in my life who have supported and put up with me during this time. It's been crazy but we made it.

Anyway, come on out this weekend! Grand Rapids Con! Lets make it a weekend of great joy and fun! See you all there!

T

No comments: