Sunday, November 22, 2015

DAYS OF THE DEAD Horror Con Recap

Well folks, I beat Snowmageddon and made to Chicago and back for the DAYS OF THE DEAD horror con. This was my first horror show and I gotta say man, it was a fucking blast! I saw none of the stresses and strains I feel at regular comic shows and I am seriously going to do some of these shows in the future. So I am gonna move around some of my projects to accomodate. Starslam still comes first but then I'm gonna get a couple of these out the door and then resume work on Pleasant Life 2. You'll see. Its gonna be great! But anyway, I wanted to share with you some pics I took over the weekend...

A booth there had some original props from various flicks. All screen used! Here's a ceremonial dress from the 1980 CONAN flick!

Here's a screen used TREMORS "Graboid" prop head.

Some various blasters and Ewok fur from the original STAR WARS films.

I finally met bassist Sean Yseult, most famously from WHITE ZOMBIE. Took me 20 years to track her down, but I finally did. Her and her people were awesome to me.

After that, I decided to meet ACE FREHLEY. Only got the autograph, no picture. Nice dude.

We drank ALL day. So after a long scary drive in the snow and a con, you need some Chicago style pizza!

There was a DJ party Saturday night and it was some fun!

Here's a look at my loot from the show. Tons of autographs, stage used picks, bootleg horror dvds and comics. Hellz yeah!
All in all, a great show, great time and great people. I plan to do a lot more horror focused conventions in the future.

Cheers, T

No comments: