Saturday, November 28, 2015

Thanksgiving and Other Distractions

Hello my friends! I hope you are taking this Saturday to spend some cash at small businesses to help make their holiday dreams come true as well. I know I will later today. Mostly to see if there are any scraps left from the Record Store Day event that I had to miss yesterday. But please be safe out there this holiday shopping season and remember why we're all out there. Don't be crazy and fighting over TVs n'shit. Shop online too! I'm a small business! HINT HINT! :)

Thanksgiving was a good day. I got my boys and we ate hearty.

James LOVES the Turkey and dumplings. Scotty likes the biscuits, natch.

The boys and I watched cartoons, listened to records and played games. It was a fun weekend with them. They'll be back on Sunday and they'll help me put my new Xmas tree up!
Work on the comics has been slow going. I have been working some Overtime at the dayjob and when I have a day off I'm either busy doing something or I have the kids. But I finished a commission this morning and plan to do some more coloring today. Tonight, I am going to a concert with my brother. Should be a great time for sure!

As for the future, I am trying to make the plans but there's a bit of a wall of intimidation in front of me. I wrote out a script for the big horror anthology project I wanna get done before con season next year. And I have to get rolling on it. But I honestly haven't sat down and drawn a full page of comic art in two months. I still have about 10 pages left to draw on Starslam 2!! I don't know why I can't get it rolling. I guess I am just so focused on living and experiencing things. But luckily (???) the winter is coming and I will be shut in the house a lot. So I hope to get started drawing again. I need a nice pace and consistent artworking schedule. I miss it. I think that is why I have felt so down lately. Cause I just feel the mountain before me and I don't wanna start climbing. But I will. I always do.

I saw CREED on Wednesday. A solid flick. If you like the Rocky movies, check it out. We're a couple weeks away from STAR WARS VII. Can you believe it?

Anyway, be safe out there my droogies!

T

No comments: