Monday, August 15, 2016

I'm Ready To

Hello friends. I'm up early on a Monday morning so I thought I'd write again.

There is so much to do in the next two weeks. I've been dreading a lot of it. Let me try to unpack it all for you.

First up, I've retooled and finished the Caleb piece I showed you guys the sketch of last week. Here is the finished version:


Joe wanted to use that as the basis for the fundraiser flyer that he needed built. So I did it and here it is. If you are in the Indianapolis area on September 9-11th stop by the 12 Gauge Gore booth at the show. I will be there Saturday drawing for donations to go to the fundraiser. If you know someone going to the show, pass this flyer to them. I appreciate it. 

One last drawing of Caleb: I did this commission piece from a friend for a friend of his. I gotta go deliver it today. 


It's going to be a long week preparing myself for this weekend. There is his funeral and then a wedding to go to. I have to go find a nice shirt that will fit around my massive gut. But I'll get it done and get through it.

I'm ready to. 

___________________________________

As life starts to chug along, I'm back to finishing commissioned work. Here's a sketch of an image for a client. A 17th century seductress, of sorts. I plan to finish the final two drawings this week for him. I HAVE to! 



Meanwhile, I'm working hard to get myself into some sort of routine for dieting. I'm six weeks off of soda and exercising when I can. Its been a crazy week so my routine fell off. But I'm showing up and getting it done when I can. I gotta get rolling on it more this week.

I'm ready to.



Then next weekend: THIS....


I've been living with my crap in boxes for months. Well, all my life it seems. In two weeks I will do my 31st move. And one year later, my 32nd. Its already pre-determined. But I will make the best of it. Kitty D is ready to also unearth her things and make the new place "Ours." I'm ready to share the space of my life with her.

I'm honestly tired of looking at that pile of boxes. I'm tired of packing and unpacking my things over and over again. One day, I'll get a final house. That's all I want. A place that I can finally call HOME. I want that so much. I'm ready for that.

As I weed through the stress.... The pain all around me, the boxes filled with my life, the drama of changing tides, the weirdness surrounding old lives, the death of a dear friend, the ever-tightening belt line, the emptying of my wallet, The plans that don't come together, the dreams that always take the back burner, the plans of travel that get put off....

I know I'm just ready to hunker down and get it all done.

It's time to do it. Seriously. It's time.


Here's to happiness in my new life. From this day forward, I'm not afraid. I'm not running away from it. I'm ready to face it. Finally.

--T

No comments: