Sunday, October 23, 2016

Weathering the Storm

I know its my job to entertain and uplift you all. I try hard to do that with every post here at my blog. But I'm finding that difficult to do today.

I've started and stopped writing this blog a few times now. I don't know how to word what I feel right now. So I'll just go basic. It was a tough week for me. Many things went down and it was a roller coaster ride. I didn't get much done. Every Monday I write a TO DO list, and I accomplished none of it. One thing led into another and then into another and finally a big another.

I won't go into detail about specifically what happened, but its just been a tough week. I sobbed in front of my co-workers... that kind of bad. And I don't cry often. But some things happen that just break down your soul and make you reconsider everything and everyone around you. Some shit just gets too real and you gotta drill down and deal with it. That's what I am trying to do. Its what I always do.

I feel like I'm good at weathering storms that drift into my life. But sometimes some shit happens that goes far beyond the line of what a person SHOULD have to deal with, that it breaks everything down.

But tonight, I am writing. I'm sketching. I'm listening to music. And later I will drink booze. A lot of booze. It will be fine. I know it will. But I drink to drown out the anger and sorrows of the wicked world. Just to forget it all for a few hours. And tomorrow I will wake up and it all remains. But I will weather the storm.

_________________________

But things cannot be all bleak here right? Life still happens around us. The Lions just pulled out a major win over the Redskins. I'm busy scanning newly completed pages of Starslam 3. I got notes and references for the next few I will be drawing. I picked up some brand new paper to get started on it.

I got plans for the Patreon thingie I am going to do. It all could launch today. But I want to be far enough ahead to make sure that I give that my best shot. It deserves my all as a potential source for secondary income. Sorely needed, I might add.

So I do have a lot to look forward to. But some things still trip me up. The whirlwind in my head, for example. And we fucking lost Steve Dillon.

Steve Dillon was the artist behind many comic books. But I mostly know him from my favorite comic series of all time: PREACHER. I posted on Facebook my thoughts on him and I won't reiterate them here. I just know I'll save a couple shots tonight to do in his honor.

The world keeps turning. We just gotta keep dancing.... for as long as we can. Weather the storm and sail through the changing ocean tide. And hope there's something better for us someday. Somehow I doubt all of that, but there's always that puncher's chance for the scoundrel.

Thanks for your continued care and support my friends. Until next time...

-T

1 comment:

Mike P said...

Hey, man....Sorry to hear about the recent troubles. Been there and know it far too well. But also know it's all temporary. Five years from now, even one, you probably won't even remember it. I think of how depressed and lonely and hopeless I felt during some of my single days, and now I don't remember any one specific day, even though I prayed for death more than a few times!

Just hang in there, slog thru the valley as you make your way to the next peak. And there's always another peak, another hill, another sunrise, another break in the crap clouds. You have your sight? Your hearing? Your mobility? Enough water? We're already better off than a third of the planet right there. Take the positives anywhere you can.