Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Back to the Grind

Hey friends.

Well, started the work week back into OT at the day job. Thats fine to an extent because I got a bunch to save for in the next year. But the downside is that Kitty D and I feel like ships passing in the wind. So it goes. Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans.

I was having a bummer of a Monday. A couple crappy things happened to start my week off into a slump. Then her kindness led to me getting to unbox one of my gifts early:


The Pat NES PUNK guidebook to NES. It was the main thing I wanted for Xmas this year! Its 450 pages and VERY heavy! I toss this at your face, you're dead. No buts about it. But man is it awesome! I will be reading this for a very long time. Wish it wasn't so heavy so I could read it on the toilet like I do everything else!

I have a ton of reading to catch up on. And I really should. Its preferable to scanning the Facebook and the news every day. I only hop on FB maybe twice a day now, if that. My posts there are slim. I'll post a pic there from my phone but then just stay away from it. Every time I log in its the same old stuff. I just like the quieter times in my life now. I need that more I think. That and work.

Not only are Kitty D and I feeling the effects of working a lot, so is Lily Munster... who waits by the door for us to come home. She loves us... 

Her waiting for me at the front door when I was off to work on Monday.
This really leaves no time for any sort of production on the 50 things I gotta do currently. I'm just drained all around. But I did manage to pencil a couple new Starslam pages for a commission and ink one of them. Here it is: 

Such a cool idea, I think I will make it part of the main story of Starslam 3!
I got this weekend off with the kids so hopefully they will let me get some more pencils and inks done. I really desire to get these comics done and out into the world. (And off my mind!) Luckily I got a colorist here to help with me now. I don't know what I would do without him. With my productivity slowed to a crawl, and motivation slower than it ever has been, he is the spark that keeps my head in the game. Gotta keep pushing through.

Get it done.
Get it done.

I don't plan on going anywhere during the winter months. Just staying home, hunkering down and saving money. Let's hope that I emerge with some quiet productivity on these things. Days drift on by and do does my zeal for all things that used to define me. Its a weird feeling. What is it that is causing this?

I don't know, but I'm scared shitless.

Luvs, T

No comments: