Sunday, November 06, 2016

Family Weekend

 Hello friends!

Had a busy week here in the Talley house. My dad came to visit starting on Wednesday. Then he went up north to visit my brothers. I went up Friday and we all had lunch together. Kind of a rarity to get any of us all together anymore! It was nice to do. Then dad came back here to Lansing on Saturday and spent the day with my boys. We all had a massive sleep over. To my surprise it all worked out quite well! The boys were happy to see their grandpa. He left this morning for southern Illinois. It was great to have him here. I miss him very much when we are so far apart in distance like we are. He's doing ok. Coping with what he has got. We had a few deep deep deep conversations about all things spiritual, mental and emotional. When you can connect with your parent on that level, its a real treat.


I introduced James to the wonders of listening to music with headphones. I think he's addicted!
James and grandpa got real close I think: 




Its been an exhausting weekend. Emotional. Lots of juggling. But it was good. I made everyone hamburgers. Then today I made pork chops and mashed potatoes. We all ate hearty. I got James a brand now toy vacuum to add to his obsession. I didn't get to relax much. But later on after everyone left, my pal Jeff came out and we got some lead onto some paper. I eventually dozed off for a mini nap and now I'm up drinking a few and doing some odds and ends.

Good news so far this week is that I got another full story for the Patreon penciled. I am down 6 pounds on the new diet. I'm getting through some things. But things are looking brighter here. Every day brings progress.

Anyway, lets tackle this next week and see what happens. Come what may.

Cheers, T

No comments: