Thursday, March 23, 2017

Spring Cleaning

Hey friends!

Life returns to normal after a vacation. Back to work hardcore at the day jobs. Barely home to do things and take care of things. So it goes. But hey, life seems to be getting better overall. My attitude has been changing and I'm looking more positive now. Thank the lords for therapy, eh? I've even transitioned this attitude back into some new writing and actual Starslam 3 page work! I penciled and inked five pages this week so far! I've made some notes of what to do with my podcast after episode #500 happens. I've got some more ideas for the Vlog channel, now that some things have kind of fell through.

Point is, I'm working on it. And honestly, it feels good to be getting back to a clean mindset. When I do, it seems that I am rewarded with productive thinking. The clouds clear in my mind and I feel the spark to just get going. Get shit done! Its honestly a great relief to me to know that when things calm down, my immediate desire is to create. For a while, I was questioning that whole process.

I did decide some things for later on this year. No EXXXOTICA table for me in June. The expense is too great and I'm not even sure I'd make my money back. However, next year I will have more stuff out and maybe then it will be worthwhile. So I am putting it off until next year. I will still go as a fan this year to scope it out and see if it is a good thing to try it or not. Will be an interesting time, regardless.

Also coming up, my best friend Shane and I are getting together. You remember, why this website is named IDIOTHEAD in the first place? Its our old band name! I do plan to do some jamming and there are a couple little things I'd like his help in recording for me. Stuff for the podcast and what not. But mostly it will be good to hang with him again. We haven't much in the past few years. Last time we fully jammed was on my 30th birthday nine years ago. Then once in 2015 for about 20 minutes. Last time we did a skit tape recording was in maybe 2012. We're long overdue for reconnecting. We still email each other and text every week. But time and life has got in the way. Hoping to do some shopping for games and things too while I'm up there.

On the TALES FROM THE GORE front, I placed the order for the books and they should be arriving soon. I gave Olya her art assignments and I gotta start mine soon as well. So bare with us!

This week I will be doing some spring cleaning. Not only in our lovely small abode here in East Lansing, but also continuing sweeping the brush in my mind. I'm getting to a good place and I like it. Soon in the house we'll have a birth of some kittens. Life is feeling good. Its feeling like a treat to wake up now instead of dreading it. First thought when I wake up now is: "Alright, what can I get done today?" And that is where I need my head to be.

My last thing I want to talk about is today, March 23rd. Its a special day, that being the one year anniversary of Kitty D and I becoming a couple. Hard to imagine my life a year ago. It was a time where I just got out of a relationship and I wasn't looking for another one. But in my effort to find new friends or researching local happenings, we ran into each other. We dove into deep waters very fast. She gladly accepted my shit and I accepted hers. (We all got shit on our plates, don't you know) And over the last year we have been through a lot more shit. Moving, life, death, other stuff I won't go into. But we're still here and we've survived. She makes me laugh everyday. She cares about me everyday. She encourages my creativity and viewpoints on the world. She never makes me feel ill at ease or uncomfortable. She never belittles me or gives me shit about things. She talks deep with me and helps me off the ledge when I'm having a bad day. She forgets her problems and never SIGHS at me waiting for her turn to talk or outshine my issues. And I'm there with the back rubs, foot rubs, advice, cuddles, hugs and loves. We collect things together. We dream big together and we weather every storm that comes our way. She's passionate about helping people and animals and has dreams and a personality all her own. She has my attention, my dreams for the future and my heart forever and ever. Until the long Trek is over.

Thank you to my love, Kitty D for dealing with me and the shit storm around my life. For being great with my kids and patient with this big kid. For finding me even when my eyes were closed. For working hard for our future and believing in us as a force of nature. For helping me be a better person and believing in me. Its been one year and I know even more great things are to come. I can't wait to spend the rest of my days by your side. One year... it seems like 10. I get to wake up tomorrow with you and that is all I'll ever need. I love you, deeply and madly.

Ok. Off to clean the house and get rid of shit for the rest of this week. Coming soon: New podcasts and Starslam 3 production pics. And a new Vlog Video somewhere in there.

Luvs to you guys too,

T

No comments: