Wednesday, January 06, 2010

2010 Movies I am excited about.

Some 2010 Movies that I am looking forward to:



PAUL - A movie written by Simon Pegg and Nick Frost about geek stuff and aliens.... need I say more?




MACHETE - Based on a fake trailer on the severely underrated GRINDHOUSE. Starring the severely underrated Danny Traejo. He's always awesome, and the cast they got for this movie sounds like it will be utter complete over the top fun.




IRON MAN 2 - Easily the best superhero movie in the last decade was the first Iron Man. And the trailer makes it look extremely awesome.



FROZEN - Adam Green's followup to Hatchet. The concept is simple and a fertile ground for oldschool man vs. self horror. Initially, I like the idea.




Clash of the Titans remake - Normally I hate remakes but the trailer of this film has me interested, to say the least. Plus I hear the creatures themselves have a motion that is a tribute to Harryhousen, of the original. Watching the Medusa's movement in the trailer, makes me believe it.

OTHERS:

EXPENDABLES - Take alot of the best 80's and 90's action icons and toss them in a movie directed by Stallone. Sold.

COP OUT - The first film directed by Kevin Smith that he HASN'T wrote. I hope it goes well for him. If he were to direct a Bruce Willis film and it not do better than his others, I'm sure would break him as a person.

NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET REMAKE - I am not excited about this, but I am interested to hear the feedback on it. I hate all modern horror remakes (except for DAWN OF THE DEAD... that was great). So I am sure this one will be a waste of time, but I'll wait to hear the reactions of those whose opinions I hold close.

PIRANA 3-D - Another remake and this time in 3-D. The gore pics I've seen online make it look like an interesting concept. And I like the recent embrace of 3-D technology to make the moviegoing experience more exciting.

PREDATORS - Yes, another remake. I don't think its needed, but I am interested to hear how it is.

TOY STORY 3 - A no brainer.

DUE DATE - Two of my favorite people: Downey Jr and Galifianakis in a comedy together. Why not.

KICK ASS - Based on a Mark Millar/John Romita JR comic book of the same name. Sure to be very offensive and fun.

Okay, thats it.

T

No comments: