Thursday, March 04, 2010

TV, cool sites and stuff.

I'm not much of a TV watcher. There are few shows I religiously watch anymore. If I do watch a show, say FAMILY GUY..which I love, I'll just catch it later on DVD or Itunes. There's no urgency to watch them the minute they premiere. I did have urgency when Battlestar was on, but since then, no. And sometimes things like the Lions games or the SUPERBOWL will happen. Gotta watch those.

A few shows I do enjoy I watch on DVD. Up til now, I have been a huge GHOST HUNTERS fan. But after the revelation of some of the behind the scenes goings on in the show and the TAPS organization, I am extremely disenfranchised with it. The only thing I liked about the show was the intro to the site itself and the stories with the tour. I never get excited during the investigations. ITs always the same. "Oh! I saw a shadow over there! (we the audience see nothing) And all their evidence is kinda "Meh." The EVPs always were freaky... but how do I know they are not fake now? So I have retired watching the show. I'll still enjoy the intros to the investigations, cause I like seeing exotic locations like that. I think I am more into DESTINATION TRUTH, cause its very similar and the same questions raised, but Josh Gates makes for a better host and its entertainng to see the banter between the cast on that show. Ghost Hunters can be entertaining for the same reason. Seeing them pull tricks on each other is a hoot. But as far as believing what I see, I am 100% a non-believer. I've seen the tricks they pull and its not cool. But, in the end, I am entertained. I guess maybe one day, I'll have the balls to go on an actual ghost hunt and see for myself. One day, long and far away! Once I get a working proton pack that is.

DOCTOR WHO is coming in April. I may make a point to watch this show every Saturday on BBC America. I plan to enjoy perhaps the only show I will be a "slave" to watching. And luckily it doesn't string people along for 24 episodes. So sorry LOST fans out there. (Man, LOST sucks!)

This weekend is the OSCARS. I've watched the Oscars every year since I was a kid. Except a couple nights a few years ago when I was working, I usually watch it. Something about it just reminds me of old time hollywood. Or maybe the many times I sat and watched it with my mom. Its just tradition I guess. And yeah, I know its based on politics and academy unwritten rules and it glorifies people who don't deserve it mostly. But fuck it, I enjoy watching them. This year will be tough cause I didn't see the majority of the films nominated. The only thing I am rooting for is for STAR TREK to win a 1st oscar. Its nominated for a few technical awards. Unfortunately, its against AVATAR in most of them. But MAKEUP, it has a damn good chance. I'll keep my Vulcan ears crossed. Bet picture: I dunno. I think Avatar is gonna win. But I must be the only person on earth who has not seen Avatar yet. Hurt Locker is another favorite, but alot of my pals are arguing against the accuracy of the military weaponry in the film. So whatever. I did see UP and DISTRICT 9. District 9 was great. UP was okay. But both not best picture capable. INGLORIOUS BASTERDS I saw as well and that is damn awesome. But it won't win. At least Christopher Waltz has a chance at Best Supporting Actor. He made that movie.

Lastly, I want to put another plug in here for cinemassacre.com and the ANGRY VIDEO GAME NERD. For those that haven't checked out James' videos, please do so. He's a hardcore horror/classic film fan and I love his style. And his character of the ANGRY VIDEO GAME NERD is halarious. I'm a fan of nostalgia anyway. Please check out the NERD videos and his other videos at: CINEMASSACRE You'll get addicted!

And a quick plug for a similar guy who entertains me each week: The Nostalgia Critic: NOSTALGIA CRITIC Every one of his reviews are a great hoot to watch.

In art news: I have been invited to do some sketch cards for charity. The charity is for the Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation, their website is TREASURECHEST.org. I will be doing STAR WARS sketch cards and GARBAGE PAIL KIDS sketch cards! Hopefully Rittenhouse and Topps will take notice! (ya out there guys! I'm gonna keep sending you packets until you get sick of me! lol)

Okay, off to my weekend with me. May you have a great Oscar worthy weekend!

T

No comments: