Tuesday, March 02, 2010

GHOSTBUSTIN' makes me feel good Pt. 2

Hello again. Yet further proof of what a huge Ghostbusters fan I am. I actually spent $70 on a 12" action figure from mattycollector.com. I got the EGON, as he was always my favorite Ghostbuster. I'll admit the moment after I purchased it, I got some buyer's guilt. I've NEVER spent that much on a figure before. The MOST I've ever spent was $25.00 on an origial MEGO KIRK out of the box. And even that was hard for me to do. But it was Kirk, so screw it. But I've loved these figures since I saw them, so I decided to break down and buy one. He arrived today:




---Instantly, I wanted to open him. BUT-My inner kid was fighting with my collector's head of "DON'T OPEN THE PACKAGE! IT WILL BE WORTH MORE SOMEDAY!" So I started to just sorta slightly open it, thinking I could take it out and put it back when done checking it out. But after a while, I started cutting and tearing at the box. Fuck it.




---Above is a shot mere moments after Egon emerged from the wrapping.

I'm absolutely in awe of the amount of detail in this high end collectible. The sides of the PKE meter actually spring up and down! The trap springs open. The back of the proton pack lights up! I mean, holy crap! All the tubes, clasps, zippers.. I'm just in awe as to how awesome and detailed this figure is. I am now 100% glad I got it! I want em all now! (The Peter Venkman goes on sale April 15th!)

Some more shots of the Egon once put together:





Just look at the detail on this pack! Look at it! and thats with the rotating lights lit up. If you are a Ghostbusters fan, go out and score these figures RIGHT NOW before you are at the mercy of the dealers. Just checked the matty website and I guess this Egon is now sold out. So check ebay now before they reach astronomical prices. and the rivers and seas boil. Earthquakes volcanos, 40 years of darkness, dogs and cats living together... MASS HYSTERIA!

NOW-I vow to no longer make fun of those who purchase high end collectibles like this and call them "doll" collectors. I'm totally sold on this. So fucking cool.

T

No comments: