Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Going to bang my heart against some mad buggar's wall.

Its official!



Pink Floyd's ROGER WATERS and main co-writer of the album will tour and perform the album THE WALL in its entirety! The Wall has always been my #1 favorite album and I am already rock hard at the chance to go see this show. I was too young to see the 1980-81 tour where they performed the whole album and built a wall across the stage like so:




This year's tour promises the same stage show with some newer state of the art type of improvements and the like. Ticket presales start around May 3rd, so I gotta beg the wife to balance our budget to allow me some extra $$$ to go to this show. I may have a new sale to help generate some funds. I gotta do something because I WILL NOT miss out on this show! Plus, Roger has stated publically that this will be his last tour ever. Tell me that isn't enough incentive for a hardcore Floyd fan to go!

PINK FLOYD has been and likely always will be my #1 favorite band, and THE WALL always has been my favorite album. Its one of the only albums that I can play every solo, every guitar lick all the way through. I love it that much. and Hopefully ticket prices are not too high in order for me to go (doing some research, the NY show shows ticket prices at $55-250... so in my price range, but who knows if thats really accurate?). I got till May 3rd to know for sure. So I guess I will crunch the numbers and see what I can do to help generate some funds for this. Anyone who contributes will be doing me a HUGE favor! ;) (announcement coming soon!)

Anyway, exciting things happening this year. Can't wait to be a part of it!

In other news, I did a new pinup for Antarctic Press last night. And I pencilled 3 more pages of Anna. Lets just say I had to do alot of research on guns and explosions. Perhaps the most challenging stuff I've had to draw in a while. I am mostly known for talking heads and up till now, ANNA has had its share of talking. But now I am in the last act of the story where its nothing but a huge violent and bloody gunfight and I'm really trying to blow people's minds with what they are used to from me. So assume nothing folks. Its a bloodbath. I'll tease you with images soon.

Luvs, T

No comments: