Thursday, April 01, 2010

I'm Gonna Be On a Reality Show!!!



I can officially talk about this! I will be a contestant on the next season's THE BIGGEST LOSER! I went to an audition a few weeks ago in Chicago and wasn't allowed to discuss it until now. There will be an official announcement sometime closer to the end of the current season and you'll learn more then.

I was told that I was not allowed to lose any weight before the start of next season. In fact, I was "encouraged" to gain more weight for the show. Odd choice I think, but I think if I did, it increases my chances of winning that grand prize money! I think I got a good chance at winning because I am not an emotional eater and don't give in to temptation when there's money involved! And I'm already starting plans for what I am going to do with the money!

I am told we start shooting in the end of the summer, so I have to be prepared. I met Jillian Michaels at the audition and she made some comment that she was going to kick my ass! Meaning in the gym I think. We'll see. ;)

I know some of you know how extremely opposed to reality shows I am, but all I can say about that is that hey, money! MONEY! Lots of money folks! With that, I can pay off all my debts, buy a nice home and fund my comics making. So yeah, I'm gonna let Miss Michaels "kick my ass" and take it without a TV drama tear. I just hope they don't make me do anything involving heights or swimming, as I will have a hard time with that. But I can run and lift weights all day long.

I gotta fly to California in August and be gone for maybe up to 6 weeks. My parents are coming up to be with the wife and kid. The hardest part for me will be being away from them for so long. But money, health and some fame will help I think and hope. Just have to keep focused. (sigh) I know I am gonna miss them like hell!

So: Wish me luck. I got time to meditate on what needs to be done. And I hope I don't look like too much of a fool on your TV screens each week. Its a deeply personal thing, my weight. But to fight it in the most public way possible presents a double edged sword. But MONEY! :) Thanks for reading folks. And BTW: April Fools.

Luvs, T

No comments: