Monday, March 29, 2010

Oh, I HAVE found what I am looking for!

May be my last blog with this crappy spacebar, but this news is too juicy forme to keep inside.

In 2001, I saw one ofmy top 5 bands of all time play, that being U2. It was a great concert and tour. Andlast night, I was doing my monthly check up on my favorite bands just tosee what is new and whats coming up with them. I saw that U2 wasdoing a new leg of their US tour. And they were playing nearby! Chicago and East Lansing, of all places. I crunched the numbers and saw the available seats and tickets. And I ultimately decided that East Lansing is a safer drive, more familiar and the same distance. So I went for it. Broke the surprise news to the wife this morning and she approved. So, I am going to see U2 again!

Here is a look at their current tour stage:



And a look at the stadium that it will fill this end of June:



Gonna be freaking awesome! I got seats in the mail bowl area in the corner. Really with a stage set up like that, any seat is a good one. Hopefully we're not stuck behind one of those tall "legs" of the stage. We'll see. Either way, I am excited as hell. After going 7 years without a concert and going to see two of my favorite bands this year, is a real treat! Transatlantic in April and U2 in June. Woot!

And.... word on the street is that Roger Waters of Pink Floyd is talking about touring in late 2010 and play THE WALL in its entireity! And I WILL be there for that! Thats my favorite album, and I sure as fuck will not miss that one! :)

So far, 2010 is becoming one kick fucking ass year! Magnificent!

T

No comments: