Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lighten up already!

So much seriousness lately here and around the world. Lets lighten things up a little and talk about what is exciting! Here are some of the things that got me excited:

1-ART OF DREW STRUZAN BOOK - Just announced and its coming out soon. I got the Movie Posters of Struzan book and its great. But this one will include sketches and unused concepts and commentary! I cannot wait! Order HERE

2-COVER RUN: THE DC ART OF ADAM HUGHES - Same as above but its for uber artist Adam Hughes! You know this will sell like a mutha fucka! Its got unused concepts, sketches and tons of commentary on his work. If you know Adam, he's a quiet dude. So to get his in depth thoughts on his work and process makes this worth the price of admission alone! I already preordered mine! Get yours HERE

3-AMC's "THE WALKING DEAD" Series is coming! They are shooting the series right now and early pics have been just of the zombies themselves. Like this one: HERE!!! The Walking Dead is a comic series I've been trying to get everyone I know to read it. Its just friggin' awesome. Not just about zombies, but survival and humanity pushed beyond the limits. If you are not reading it, you are completely missing out.

4-INVINCIBLE's VILTRIMITE WAR - For those that are reading Robert Kirkman's other comic besides Walking Dead, Invincible is really heating up right now. Its the thing the series has been leading up to and its one issue into the war arc and some major things have happened! Its indescribable how violent it is and its just the first issue in! I have a feeling things won't be the same again!

5-FAMILY GUY SEASON 8 - June 15th. Next week. Always good. Excited to get a new set of discs that the wife will make me fall asleep to at night. Plus, they did away with a pet peeve of mine that some of their recent releases have done: Where they put one episode on the "bonus" disc, so you barely will watch that one. Cause you want to just toss in a disc and PLAY ALL. Thanks for correcting that.

6-DOCTOR WHO - I fell off the regular watching routine for the last couple weeks but it is all still good. The wife will likely take the plunge soon and watch with me, so I am waiting to enjoy it with her. The eleventh Doctor is growing on me, as I knew he would. The first episode is so good. But the others have been okay to "meh." Here's hoping to a high note at the season end!

7-EXPENDABLES Movie - Screw what they say. I know I may love the hell out of this movie when it comes. Will it top my love of CLIFFHANGER? Doubtful. Cause c'mon...

8-Remastered BITCHES BREW coming! - Thats right. Yet another of those remastered with bonus tracks re-releases that I must get. Miles Davis' best album. Word!

9-Bootlegs! - At Heroes Con I scored a 3 disc set of the ATOR movies and the Slumber Party Massacre movies. Also, They are re-releasing Corman movies on disc such as Galaxy of Terror, Humanoids from the Deep, Battletruck, Pirana and many more. Now if I could just that 60's Batman TV series on disc, I'd be happy. SETTLE THE RIGHTS ISSUES PEOPLE!!!!!!!

10-Screen Archives Remastered Scores - They recently released two of my favorites: Rocky 4 and Star Trek 3. Remastered, expanded artwork and rare tracks. Screen Archives steps up and wins again!

Okay, see? Some cool stuff still in the world. Find out whats cool in your world today and please share. We need some distractions right now.

T

No comments: