Saturday, July 17, 2010

Weekend Roundup and Announcement!



First of all, a teaser image of the cast of AMC's THE WALKING DEAD series, premiering this October. Tell me that doesn't look friggin' dope as hell. I dare you. I am so excited for this series. I hope it catches the same fire as the comics have. Again, if you aren't reading the comics, GET THEM! This right HERE will start you out. Buy it, its cheap!

I finished the sales on my ebay auctions. Thanks to all who bought some of my stuff and helped me lighten the load of my huge pile of nerd junk and original art that is just sitting here collecting dust. Appreciated! I may put some more up in the future next time ebay has one of their "no listing fees" sales. Thanks again!

I am busy coloring EXPENDABLES 3 latter half pages. I got all the flats done so now I am going in and doing the details. I hope to be done by Wednesday so that way my pallette is clear to get rocking on finishing ANNA. I do have a deadline that I'd like to meet and if I do, I could get it done before Halloween! I am just gonna see what happens.

I survived one week of a diet. I've avoided all things sugary for the most part and made good choices in my foods instead of bad. Its a slow process but I'm still rolling on it. Thanks for the messages of encouragement I've been getting. Mucho appreciated. We'll get there.

ANNOUNCEMENT!

I mentioned before that I may not be done with my 2010 Con Tour after all. Well, I signed up to be a guest at the upcoming DETROIT FANFARE comic show in Detroit for Halloween weekend!!!! My buddy Dennis (owner of the awesome WONDERWORLD COMICS SHOP in Taylor, MI) and a few other people are putting on this show and its really coming together nicely. Its focusing on COMICS, as opposed to media guests and they are getting some impressive names to come out for it. Maybe someone you have heard of.... STAN LEE! I think its been quite a few years since Stan THE MAN has come to Michigan, so major kudos for them to get him out for their first show! There's tons of stuff going on for it and a lot of it is still being ironed out. I am sending my table info and stuff in this next week, but I am reserved to have a table there. So yeah, one last show for 2010, and I'm keeping it close to home, good ol' state of Michigan! There's tons of time for announcements and things to come for this show as its over 100 days away. But for now, keep your eyes peeled to their official website HERE to see things as they are announced. They also have a facebook page where things are announced beforehand. Check em out! Its gonna be a rockin' time! (I think EXPENDABLES 3 will premiere there, and maybe a new book from me! So keep an eye out!)

SO-My plan this weekend/early week: Work on colors and get Expendables 3 out the door. Work tonight. Party with the wife on Sunday. Work hard on Monday-Tuesday to clean house and get artwork on Anna 3 rolling again and pack for my mini vacation to Mt. Pleasant. Oh, and I got some alcohol sales training class on tuesday I have to take for Walgreens. Tons to do this week before I can relax and get away from it all. Looking forward to it!

Cheers, T

No comments: