Saturday, August 07, 2010

2010 Things to come...

Anyone who knows me well knows I am a huge move buff. Thought I'd give an update of some films coming up that are on my radar:


SURVIVAL OF THE DEAD - George Romero's latest Zombie opus. After the lackluster LAND and horrible DIARY, I hope he can redeem himself. Although early thoughts coming in are saying not. But I'm hold hope that I will indeed enjoy it. I think this is on my ON DEMAND right now, so I will see this very soon.




THE EXPENDABLES - Based on a comic book by Pinson and myself (which we got paid millions for the rights to)......Nah, its a totally different thing, unfortunately. But we were here FIRST! Anyway, this Stallone pic isn't trying to be anything but a big dumb throwback to 80's Action Flicks starring tons of action icons. Love the idea and cannot wait to see it.




MACHETE - This is the one I am most excited about. A huge throwback to 70's grindhouse cinema and Danny Trejo finally getting some mainstream love. I am so excited for this film. I will be there opening day, guaranteed.

PAUL - The new Simon Pegg flick with his buddy from SHAUN OF THE DEAD. Something about an alien... I dunno. Either way, I'm down.

TRON: LEGACY - Just saw the first one, so I am excited to see what they will do next.

DUE DATE - Two of my favorite actors (Zach Galifianakis and Robert Downey Jr) in a road trip buddy comedy. I'm down sir, I'm so down!

NOWHERE BOY - A biopic about the early days of John Lennon. Hope its as good as Backbeat.

TRUE GRIT - I am against remakes, especially if you want to remake a JOHN WAYNE flick!!!! But its the Coens and I'll check it out. I don't hold out much hope though.

SCOTT PILGRIM - Early buzz says its great. So sure, why not.

JACKASS 3-D - Again, I am a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE fan of these guys. The trailer makes me laugh hard each time I see it. I definitely will see this. It will be the first (and ONLY, likely) film that I will see in 3-D.

Lastly, you know I am giving up some love for TV-especially THE WALKING DEAD. Oh yeah, that will be the creme of the crop!

All in all, its gonna be an exciting autumn season for entertainment. For more of my thoughts on these films, download the newest IDIOTHEAD.com podcast! Download episode 18 right HERE

Okay, got both muh kids here this weekend and I am cooking a turkey and potatoes! YUMMY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are invited to follow my blog

finnstrip said...

And The Dudesons are on Jackass 3D too ;)