Wednesday, September 29, 2010

LANSING trip

Hey everyone! I took the SABO post down, so hopefully it isn't missed. It was just a beast of a collection of pictures and made scrolling through here a pain. Sorry.

Anyway, took off for Lansing (our new home!) today at 8am. Got there and looked at our actual new apartment we're going into in November. Then paid for our deposit, officially making the deal legal. So its really happening folks. November 1st, I shall have a new home! The apartment is in a primo location in the complex, in a front building facing the pool and the front exit in and out. The only thing I don't like is that the living room and kitchen is smaller than ours right now. So there's no room for me to have my
"office" in the main living area anymore. But what I lose in that, I gain in the following: A large "STUDIO" room that will house all my stuff just like it did before bots came along. A LARGE walk-in closet and master bedroom. WASHER AND DRYER! and a great, great, great, great, great amount of town with enough stuff to do to build a lifetime!

After paying our lease stuff, we drove up Saginaw Hwy to check out all that it would offer us in our new life there. Which was damned plenty. I located Clem's comics, which was DOWNTOWN Lansing, right by the capital. Then down Michigan Ave to Captial City Collectibles, which is in a new location near the old one. But I went in, fell in love with the store's vast collection of old stuff and found out they had a pull list and discount. I chatted with the manager and promised to return. Looks like they are gonna carry my books there! Then off to East Lansing, which houses MSU. We parked and checked out our old haunts of 21st Century Comics (Talked with a dude there and they said they'd be interested in carrying my books as well) and Flat, Black and Circular (the best used record, dvd, cd store in town! Possibly ever!) We combed the cheap bins and I found a couple PANTERA albums I don't have and a used BLUR hits CD for dirt cheap.

So then it was back to Westside lansing for some lunch at Cheddars, a nice restaurant off of Saginaw Hwy. Then we hit the mall, natch. After that, we headed back to home. We were sad to leave really. But it had been such a long day already that it was necessary cause of the kid and me being dead tired.

The general feeling was extreme excitement and freedom. Excitement of the possibilities that the new town has to offer us. And the idea of total freedom from the troubles that chase us right now here. We're very happy and excited by the potential presented us by Lansing right now. and Nov. 1st seems such a long way away. There's tons of work to be done before we get to go. We have to finish tossing out a ton of stuff and pack all of the rest. All greatness. I couldn't be happier or more excited folks!

Well, I got commissions to work on. Back to work with me!

Cheers, T

No comments: