Thursday, October 01, 2009

Angry old Video Game Nerds.



(above) The Angry Video Game Nerd. For those that haven't heard of it, its a web thing that the wife and I are completely addicted to. Its this guy (James Rolfe) who does these mock videos reviewing old video games and getting all mad at how horrible and difficult they are. If you were into 80's ATari, Nintendo, Sega and more, these are definately for you. Plus, James is a cool guy who does great horror movie reviews at his site. All this month, he's reviewing a new horror movie in honor of it being October. He's got tons of back reviews on his site at: http://www.cinemassacre.com -- Check out those and the AVGN videos. I highly, highly recommend them. The wife and I got both his DVDs as well.

The full list of NERD videos can be found here: http://www.cinemassacre.com/new/?p=2874


---Well, the spots filled up and the final Sketchbooks are gone. Thanks to everyone who took advantage of the deal! Your packets go out this week.

I went and got the new PEARL JAM CD and I really dig it. It’s like their old stuff. Apparently, it was released totally independent and it’s climbing the charts. In addition, it’s an Itunes/Target exclusive. In addition to some select indie record stores. So congrats to Pearl Jam for not only standing alone and doing it well, but putting out a damn good record. Been a long time since I’ve bought a Pearl Jam CD and enjoyed it.

Also released this week was the new ALICE IN CHAINS CD. I am hesitating in buying it. I listened to the samples on Itunes, but nothing is jumping out at me. I got mixed feelings about the disc. While it will be great to hear new Sean Kinney drumming, to me it seems/sounds (upon initial listen) like a Jerry Cantrell solo disc and not AIC. Of course, you cannot get a full AIC reunion without Layne Staley, who is no longer with us. I guess I should be grateful that I am getting anything at all. But I just don’t want it to muck with what came before. It sounds like 3 guys making the best of a bad thing and getting on with it. I dunno. More debate in my head is needed.

This week is Mid-Ohio Con. A lot of my pals will be out there. Good luck to all of them out there and I hope ya’ll will drop by the show and check out their work if you are in the area. Wish I could be there and see ya!

The wife and I got a NES Top Loader and it should be arriving here soon. We’re on an 80’s video game kick and looking to relive some childhood in our home. Yesterday we scored MEGA MAN 3, DONKEY KONG/JR, DUCK TAILS and RING KING. Yeah, we’re old.

Lastly, it’s officially October. Halloween is definitely one of my favorite holidays. But it’s the least celebrated by me. I don’t decorate really, and I don’t get to throw or go to some killer costume party. I really wish I could. I remember living with Ted in Weidman and we threw a couple Halloween parties. We decorated the house and dressed up and had a great time. I’m not able to do that now for many different reasons. It kind of sucks. But what I do get to do is watch all the horror movies we own collectively here in the house and celebrate that way. It will have to do for now. As time goes on, Scott will grow and we can take him trick or treating. Those will be fun times I think. Maybe throw a Halloween party for him and his friends. Scare the crap out of them. Those will be fun times. I got that to look forward to I guess.


I'm out. Got commissions and pages to work on all this week!

T

No comments: