Friday, February 20, 2015

POTHOLES, PROGRESS and APPEARANCES!

Hello my friends! Just thought I'd post a nice Friday update so you can head into your weekend with good spirits and know that I am right along with you. I started drawing some commissions this week. I got them mostly done too! I would share them, but my printer is on the fritz. I need an ink cartridge or else it won't let me scan! And they tend to run around $30, which I don't have currently, so they will have to wait a bit. But it felt good to sit down and have a night of art progress. I got 11 Starslam books sketched and I did three commissions of an adults only nature. I'll share in the proper Deviantart website when my scanner will let me!

I'm gearing up for my first public appearance for the year this weekend! I'll be at the MSU COMICS FORUM again this Saturday from 11-5pm.


I will be set up in the artist alley once again along with many of my pals from the Michigan area. I'll have copies of my ARTBOOK, PLEASANT LIFE, ANNA POCALYPSE and maybe some STARSLAM if you ask nicely! I'll have art cards, original art and I will be taking commissions at the show and pre-orders. For info on where the show is, visit the official website HERE - They run a great show there and showcase a lot of local and indie talent. Come on out and support great comics and those who make them!

Later in the year, I am going to be a featured guest at the GRASP EXPO in Grand Rapids in late June so keep an eye out for that. Details will be worked out but its looking like I will be conducting a panel there. Not sure what about yet but we'll work out the details and I'll share the info with you fine folks. Just keep the idea of going in your mind. I'm likely going to do only one more show maybe later in the year, also FREE COMIC BOOK DAY somewhere. But all that has to be worked out yet. I'll let you know when I know!

So business is slowly returning to normal around here. I got some big things happening this weekend. Some things I'm really looking forward to. Good things all around! It feels good to get out there and see my old friends and make new ones! Saturday will for sure be an exciting day for me for several reasons.... I Can't wait!

In health news, I stepped into a pothole in a dark parking lot a couple nights ago and twisted my foot a bit. It really, really hurts! I missed a day of work due to it and I had to work yesterday with it at both jobs. I was in absolute agony at the first job. Luckily at the second one, I could sit down a lot. That helps. To make myself feel better, I baked myself some more banana bread. YUMMY! I got most of today off, so I am going to pack my old gear bag (been a while since I've used it!) and relax my foot. Hopefully its on the mend even more today and I'll rest up as much as I can. Stupid potholes!!

Its negative 25 degrees here in Lansing, Michigan after wind chill factor. Its been a goddamn cold February so far!  My space heater is getting a work out, thats for sure!

Anyway, just a general update on whats going on. Come out to the MSU COMICS FORUM this Saturday!!! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Cheers, T




No comments: