Thursday, July 28, 2016

(Ahem) No Longer Idle

A couple blog posts ago, I mentioned how I was feeling so idle. How I needed to get back into the groove of working on stuff. Well, I was blessed this week with a change. Somehow after work Monday night, I felt a rocket in my ass to just get to work. So I did. Before I knew it, it was 4am and I had scanned a bunch of art I had laying around and was fixing the files to get ready to color them. A BUNCH of stuff!

I wrote some notes and dialog in my spare seconds not at home, and then when I got home, I worked even more. In the morning and when I got home. So it appears that I spoke too soon!

I don't know what awoke the fire in my ass but it is most welcome. I have to share some of what I am doing lately, if you don't mind...

First up, some things I drew LAST YEAR that I finally chose to color:



These are some posters I am doing via commission for a book series for a client. I will give you all links when the books are done. The first one is about bullying and the second takes place during revolutionary war times. It will be fun to draw something in that era!


Remember that Pleasant Life 2 art I keep talking about? Well I scanned in all the pages I have and started getting them ready to color! Here's a peek at some of them, non-spoilery...


The queen and king geeks are back! And this time, a little "dress up?"

Lucas has a special journey this time around.

A smile that broad on Mortin's face cannot be good!

Lucas coming "home?"
 So there is that. I gotta say, my zeal for Pleasant Life and its sequel are really high right now. I keep hemming and hawing about finishing it. But its a damn good story. And I deserve a shot at making the gang look like how I would draw them now. The story is a very personal one from lots of angles. I really should finish it and give it to the world to dissect. Pleasant Life is my baby and I cannot wait for people to finally see it. And in color!

Lastly to share, I am working on yet another project. This is a panel from a page of it. It won't mean much to you, but its all I can show right now. And its all that I can show that is SFW! (heh) Check this out:


I know the Starslam fans out there want an update on how #3 is doing. And the Anna Pocalypse fans want to know where #2 is. Well, they are being worked on too. I'm doing Starslam, Pleasant Life and this new project all at once. Anna will be worked on after the first two are completed. There is lots of work ahead of me. But you know me... I'll get it done.

I'm on this train alone, folks. My only goal is my stuff and to keep my stuff rolling. And in time, I'll show you where I'm headed with all of it. But take heart in the fact that I am finally awake and getting things done. It took me a long time to finally get back in the swing of things. And I'm also aware that I could drift from it at any time. So for now I am riding the wave and keeping my head in the game. Let's see what I emerge with when the smoke clears.

Thanks to all who support and care. We're gonna kick so much ass!

Cheers, T

P.S. One quick note: One of my favorite artists, JACK DAVIS, has passed. I always loved his stuff in MAD and in the various EC comics he did. Certainly an influence and will be missed. This one hurts, folks. Seriously. I dedicate all the next weeks of hard work I will do on my own comics to his memory. 

No comments: