Sunday, August 21, 2016

The Work Continues pt. 2

I hadn't planned on blogging again so soon, but I got a round of info that needs to go out regarding my friend Caleb Stevens and the benefit for his family.

First up the GO FUND ME is still active. Every dollar helps. Please consider tossing them anything you can right HERE - There is so much to pay for in the future. Medical, Housing, Schooling, etc. The list is too great to really fathom. So far the goal has been beaten twice but there is always room for more! Please help out my friends if you can.

Moreover, if you want to get something for your money donated, my offer still stands and will stand through SEPTEMBER 11th: ORDER ANY BOOK OR COMMISSION THROUGH MY ONLINE STORE BY CLICKING HERE AND ALL MONEY EARNED WILL GO DIRECTLY TO THE GO FUND ME! Thank you, I appreciate it. Help me, help you, get something cool. Thank you.

Lastly, if you are in the Indianapolis, Indiana area on September 10th, you can come see me at HORRORHOUND Horror Convention for the Caleb Stevens Memorial Fundraiser. I will set up that Saturday at the 12 Gauge Gore booth where they will be raffling off prizes, doing silent auctions for awesome rare collectibles and exclusives. But I will be setting up at times throughout the show where I will do drawings for donations. Sketches, full pieces... whatever. And hey, maybe even get them TATTOOED at the show by one of the artists there! Who knows, man. Just come out and help support the Fundraiser. All donations and money earned go to the Stevens family. And if you are at the show, hit me up either Friday or Saturday night and we'll have a drink or ten together! I'm looking forward to it.

Here is the Flyer with all the info on it.


_____________________________

Well, this weekend was a whirlwind of emotions for me. I attended the funeral for Caleb and it was easily one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. But I'm glad I got to talk to his family and meet some more of his friends. It was good therapy for all of us to do that. I think all our fellow co-workers were there. We've never had to deal with anything like this before and certainly, our world has changed. The main message I got from the talks there was that Caleb was someone who lived in the present. And often I fail at that. I'm always dwelling in the past or worried/disappointed about my potential future. I just shadow through the here and now. So I am going to try and make a concentrated effort to change that. I have the gift of time and who knows when that will end for me. I need to spend it more wisely. And that is what I will do. For him. For myself.

After the funeral I went to a wedding my girlfriend was in. I felt completely out of place there because I was still reeling from the funeral. She wanted to go with me, but I urged her to continue to be there for her friends while I did for mine. I could tell she wanted to be with me, but so it goes. We went and I managed to crack a smile or two there. But I did feel so out of it while I was there. And I didn't want to be the sour puss at a wedding. But I got by fine.

A few hours later, we came home. I sipped on a few cocktails and just vegged out. I was just enjoying the silence with my girl. We fell asleep in each other's arms. The lesson of this weekend hasn't been lost on us.

This next week will be full of things I got to get done. So barring any major event that comes up, I won't probably blog until after this coming weekend. SOOOO much to do. But now we wrap up our time in Grand Ledge, Michigan and I return to the Eastern side of Lansing. Onward and upward, as always.

But this time, the spirit of my friend rides with us. He will light our lives each day. While this funeral does offer "Closure" to some extent... I know there still is much more work to be done. There will be Horrorhounds. And the Drive Inn show we planned to go together to in Mid-September. I'm still going. Because he'd want me to. And his spirit certainly will be felt there. It will be hard. The days ahead will be hard for us all. But we'll get through it. And we got three people to help out for him for the rest of our lives. I won't forget that. Nor him.

Thanks for reading, my friends. Onward.

--T

No comments: