Thursday, September 15, 2016

Adjusting to Life/Taking the Ride

Hey friends!

Lots of people are taking advantage of my massive book sale! Most of the orders coming in are for Anna Pocalypse and Pleasant Life books, which pleases me. As much as Starslam is my most "successful," I am glad folks can give my other non-sexy books a chance. Take advantage of my book sales by clicking right HERE

This whole week I nursed a massive head cold. I left work early last night to try to wrestle it down. I was achy, couldn't breathe and just miserable. But finally after 12 hours in bed, I woke up feeling much better. Still got a sniffle, but that is way better than the sinus pressure I was dealing with. As I get older I find that I get sick more often. I gotta stock up on more meds for when this type of crap happens.

Last weekend at Horrorhound is still reeling in my head. It was tremendous fun and I want to do it again. There is another horror show in November but I really need to start saving for Xmas and Car Insurance and other things. I probably should sit that one out. The guest list sure is tempting though. That's okay. I got production to roll on anyway.

Speaking of production, check out the pages that Andy turned in with his STARSLAM 3 colors:


I'll tell ya, he's really making my shit look awesome! He does little touches that I just absolutely love. I'm glad he reached out to work with me and I'm glad I let my guard down to make it happen. That took some adjusting. I pencilled and inked 4 pages this week and I am going out today to do some more before work. I really am excited to get this book done and rolling out the door to you folks. Gonna be a long time before that but we're on our way!

Yesterday was Kitty D's birthday. We didn't get to do much because of our work schedules, my sickness and our low funds. But I got her some minor presents and am looking forward to this weekend's fun at the Drive Inn campout thingie. Its basically two nights at a drive inn showing a ton of grindhouse style horror movies. Joe and Jynel are going and it will be lots of drinking, chatting and camping. I'm not the best at camping but it saves on a hotel room! Besides, Kitty D likes it, so we'll do that. It was a trip that Caleb invited me to and I was looking forward to all of us drinking and hanging out. But we're still going to honor him. He of course will be heavy on my mind all weekend. But I feel like he'd want me to go and live it up. So, I'm adjusting to the idea.

Doing horror shows instead of comic cons is a new thing. To me, a better thing. Gone is a lot of the BS I had grown to not like about comic cons. And I've met some great people. I'm coming up with ideas to do my own horror comic that I can sell there at the show. I'm adjusting to the idea.

After the drive inn this weekend, I'll get my kids for a couple hours. They started 1st grade/preschool this week. My oldest is a Junior in High School. Last time he was up we played CARDS AGAINST HUMANITY and he knew what everything on every card was. Hard to believe your almost 17 year old having a conversation with you about "bukkake." But hey, he's growing up and he's a fine boy. Its just a mind fuck in some ways. But I'm adjusting to it.

Next year, I'm doing joint custody on Bots and James T. I get to help them learn and grow more than I do now on the weekends. Its scary to see the juggle it will be but I'm honestly looking forward to it. They've grown so much... and so have I.

Here they are on a recent trip to the zoo: 





I'm proud of all my boys. Cody has a full ride to MIT. Scotty is getting better and better with his autism. And James is getting better on using his words and adjusting to his emotions. (He's still obsessed with vacuums too!)

Everyone around me is adjusting to the changing tides of their lives. Its good to see constant evolution of yourself in a world full of assholes and arguers. I think to where I was a year and a half ago and how I was miserable and didn't know if I wanted to live. And here I am now. Some things I got right. Some things I fucked up. But I am adjusting. I'm living for me. And I'm very happy. Look at this:

This was my DVD collection in March of last year.

This is my DVD/BluRay/NES GAME collection today. Granted some of them are Kitty D's, but you see my point.
It feels good to be able to get things that I want and enjoy them.

But all that is just stuff. Stuff that is important to me (movies, music, games, etc) and its a part of my life. I'll never get away from enjoying those things. In many ways, I feel rich and happy to have these things and that I earned them. It feels good.

I guess the point of this whole meandering blog today is this:

I see my friends suffering. I see them go through down times. And there will be down times in all our lives. Things will come and knock us down. But we must never lose what is important to us. We must never forget those who are important to us. And we must never lose OURSELVES. The world is full of wickedness, don't become wicked and bitter yourself. Take the punches, keep standing tall. Adjust to what life throws at you. Enjoy the ride. We only get one shot at this, folks. Might as well enjoy it, and enjoy each other.

I've truly been blessed in this life with good friends, great family, great art and media. I wouldn't trade any of these things (good or bad) for anything in the world. If you are in my world, thanks for taking the journey with me. And there is great work ahead of us.

There is so much to come in the future to look forward to. I cannot wait to take the ride.

Onward and upward!

--T

No comments: