Sunday, September 18, 2016

DRIVE INN TRIP RECAP

Hey friends. I'm back from a long weekend at an event called "PANDEMONIUM." It was held at a drive inn called "The Skyline" in Shelbyville, Indiana. It was two days of ten horror sexploitation movies, Director Jim Wynowski, Burlesque Show and Live music. We were allowed to camp out on the grounds all weekend. Truth be told, I'm not into camping whatsoever, but Kitty D is. So for her it was a treat to go! For me, I saved money on a hotel. Good in theory, except it rained bad on Saturday. Let's just get to the photos to recap shall we?

First up, a post-birthday lunch at Crunchy's for Kitty D. We like burgers.

We arrived at the drive inn around 5pm. It wasn't as busy as we expected it would be. It was kind of a bummer to see that the place wasn't packed. But those that did come had a great time. Just would have liked it to be more successful for the family owned business. They really put a lot of effort into the show.

The vender tent. Joe set up all weekend and made some nice scratch.

I was kinda tight on cash so I didn't get much. I got a cheap Severin Blu-ray and this: ICE PIRATES on VHS! Nice!!

At 7pm Friday was the Burlesque Show done by the Rocket Doll Revue girls out of Indianapolis. If you get to see them, I highly recommend it! Their website is right HERE

I discovered at the performance that Kitty D and I have similar taste in women, as we both picked the same favorite! Heh.  




Oh my!!!

All the girls taking a final bow.

And so began the movies. Up first: CHOPPING MALL!

Director Jim Wrynowski was there promoting his films. We saw CHOPPING MALL, ARKASAS WOMEN'S PRISON MASSACRE, CAMEL SPIDERS and LOST EMPIRE of his. After that I saw most of SUPERVIXENS and FRANKENSTIEN CREATED BIKERS. Each flick had some nice fun grindhouse trailers before the movies began. Some movies played well into the night while we slept so we missed a lot of them.

Here we are drunk and hanging with some of the Rocket Doll girls!
We got severely drunk and passed out around midnight Friday. It was a fun night for sure!

But then the rain began....

It started raining early Saturday morning and didn't let up until 4pm. Our tent and blankets got soaked. So we sat in the car mostly, waiting for it to stop. That sucked.

Captain T-dizzle says "Fuck da rain!"

There was this cat walking around all weekend. We found out it belonged to a neighbor and came around all the time to hang out. His name was GEORGIE. We petted him a lot. If he wasn't the neighbor's cat we certainly woulda taken him home. But he was always on the lookout for food somewhere. Georgie don't care. Georgie don't give a fuck!

After the rain, this little fella hung around us a lot as well. I got real close to him.

Then on Saturday night, there was this asshole duck that was sitting by our area watching movies and refusing to eat popcorn we tossed at him. He honked at everyone. Asshole fuckin' duck!

Camel Spiders. (sorry, its the only one that turned out decent)

One last petting of Georgie. Man I miss that cat!

Some kinky washed out sexy short film. A WHOLE LOTTA SKIN was seen on screen all weekend!
We left around 1:30am Sunday morning to get a head start on the trip home. After gassing up in Anderson we stopped off to sleep in the car, then finally made it home. Just enough time to clean out the car, start laundry and get food before the kids arrived. I got to see my boys from 4-8pm today. I'll get them next weekend too.

So thus concludes my little trip to a drive inn in the middle of nowhere Indiana. It was a trip that Caleb and I planned together and of course, he was heavy on my mind all weekend. I wish he coulda been there with us, enjoying the smutty flicks and getting drunk with us. I'm sure somewhere he was laughing his ass off at us just sitting in the car dealing with the rain and our soaked pillows and blankets! Certainly anytime I'm at these horror events now, he will be on my mind. For the rest of my life, that is certain.

Now, all my trips for the year are complete. No more vacation time for me. And to be honest, that's a good thing. Its been a stressful couple months but now I am quite rested and I've spent a lot of time reflecting on my friend and how I feel about everything. Now I'm ready to get to work on three main things: HEALTH, ARTWORK and FINANCES. Its time to get my weight under control finally. Its time to get all my projects done and its time to start saving for my future next year. Big shit is coming for me next year and I want to be fully ready for it. Kitty D and I are totally committed to the changes to come. Its exciting!

So, onward and upward. How about one last shot of us with the Rocket Doll Revue girls!


Our favorite girl is the one on the right. LOVE HER! Go see them!!
--T

No comments: