Thursday, September 22, 2016

Keeping Afloat


Hey friends.

This is just one of those "okay" weeks. Had some shit happen and I'm rolling through it. Necessary stuff and it makes things stronger in the end. But of course it triggered some depression on my end. But I feel like its clearing up and I am getting back into my own head again. Its incredible how easily I can be derailed sometimes. But I've learned that its best for me to just stay quiet, hunker down and just get through the passing head storm. Its my way I guess.

I haven't done any artworking so far this week because of this. I hope to this weekend and I'm starting a new routine on Mondays with heavy production. I haven't had a good daily routine on comic art since college. This week, I learned that my old college haunt where I drew many pages of my comics was tore down...

Here is all that remains of the great LIL CHEF RESTAURANT.
Yeah, my LIL' CHEF is gone. Scenes from a few Pleasant Life comics take place there. I probably drew those pages in there! Lil Chef closed a couple years ago but now the building is no more. Read more about Lil Chef in my old blog post right HERE

I'm sad about that. I mean, I don't live in that town anymore. It didn't exist anymore. So why be sad? Maybe it was just that its another reminder of days long gone. My old hometown of Mt. Pleasant has changed so much. I don't really like to visit it anymore.

 Too much change.
In an old hometown.
In all our lives.

So we change and adapt.
We grow and evolve.
So it goes.

The biggest change for me this week has been the introduction of my lifestyle change. Now that all the trips and depression for my friend passing away are concluded, I promised myself I'd get back on the horse and get to work on my health. I quit Coke, Mt. Dew and Pepsi three months ago. Lately I've been having the occasional Sprite or 7Up. Now I only allow myself one a day or every other day. I'm on water, big time. Constantly peeing. I'm off breads and some pastas. I now have a regular schedule for eating and its healthy eating. We started the gym this week too. We're going again tonight.

With all that change, this week I am gifted with an 8 pound weight loss. I went from 385 to 377. Not too bad eh? Its a nice start and its very encouraging. The dance continues.

I have quite the mountain to climb. With my health. With my finances. With my artwork. But I hope to emerge in the early part of 2017 triumphant with all of those things in check. So many pots are boiling. The stove is always running.

Anyway, just checking in and letting you folks know how I'm keeping things afloat. Don't forget my BOOK SALE ends on September 30th. Order link is right HERE

Now excuse me while I go take care of some business. Its about time.

--T

No comments: