Saturday, October 15, 2016

A Pep in the Step

Hey friends.

Its been another up and down week. Went through some shit but then I let myself back into a bad old habit. For the first time in 3 months: I had caffeine. And I gotta say, it was fucking awesome!! It resulted in me being awake until 6am drawing new STARSLAM 3 pages! So yeah, it worked out great for me!

And earlier in the week I was blessed with slinging ink on three more pages for the book. Thank you art Gods. Been reading "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron and that is certainly helping a bit.

I cannot share too much of the pages because a lot of it is NSFW but here is some brief proof:



Some interesting stuff happening there for sure! Its mostly pages from the first sex scene of the new book. Like I said before: STARSLAM 3 will be the biggest book with the most superhero action, fights and erotic action. Like both the other two books combined. We're really ending the series with a BANG! The excitement is ramping up.

I also got a few new colored pages from my colorist Andy, who is really knocking it out of the park! Here is a look at some stuff he's doing: 

Some unanswered questions from last issue still linger...

Some movie homages...

Yeah folks. Seeing the good stuff Andy is tossing my way and my newfound love of an old friend in caffeine is making my pencil lead thicken! (gross)

Life is full of stress and craziness. Lord knows I got a few grey hairs from all the insane shit that has happened to me over the years....

See? (But its know well that "its not the years baby, but the MILEAGE!")
But, in the end, I'm okay and it all seems to work out. I get down and I seem out, but I do still have the ability to bounce back and quiet the amplified BS in my head. Then I get the pep in my step where I can comfortably write and sling lead again. Its a vicious rotation sometimes, but its how it goes.

Now I'm off to a long night of inking up these pages, pulling reference and penciling more. Production continues and so do I.

Rock it.

---T

No comments: