Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Dreams of Change

Hey friends!

This week is a busy one. I got a couple commissions to finish and I went out on Monday to some solitude before work and the art gods blessed me with six pages penciled for Starslam 3! I also wrote out a few more pages of notes for a couple more stories for the upcoming first novel thingie. I'm hoping I can get to some heavy production next week on all these things. This weekend is shot because I'll be hanging out with the boys:

Introduced James to NINTENDO. He's able to beat the first Goomba. That's something I guess!

They both are just crazy hams.


Sometimes if I am lucky I can get some inking done on pages when they are here. Otherwise its all printing and taping up pictures for Scott-bot and Hungry Hippos, Vacuums and Ipad with James. But then I got Sunday night with some quiet time where I can get some stuff done. That's my prime time for production.

During the off times at night, my girl and I have been enjoying horror flicks. So far we've watched Don't Breathe, House on Haunted Hill (original), Demon Knight, Tales from the Crypt, Creepshow, Rosanne Halloween Collection, Camel Spiders, Chopping Mall, The Lost Empire, Evil Dead 2 and a few others I cannot recall at the moment. Its only October 5th. PLENTY of spookiness to come!

This past weekend I hung out with my pal Jeff. We met through being at the conventions and we're always trying to find time to hang out and draw. Luckily now we live in the same town! This weekend I went to his house and man does he have a beautiful home! He grilled out some burgers and made some boozy drinks for us while I checked out his collection. He has a massive amount of discs, books and Cds. I was in absolute heaven. And his home was just about the kind of thing I would love to own someday. It really inspired me and made me think of what is possible if I continue to follow the plan I got to get my own house.

I've moved 31 times in my life. I'm tired of moving. I'm tired of apartment living. I'm tired of a lot of things. I just want to get my own private Xanadu, filled with everything I love in my life. Plenty of room for all my boys to live in and have their own space. I got a savings plan to make that happen. I'm so dedicated to the idea that I'm going to sell more things of mine to put into the house fund. I'm even considering selling my record player and vinyl. I never get to play them anymore and I like the CD format cause I grew up with it. Records are nice, but when drinking I gotta get up and flip the record, they are more expensive, etc. I enjoy them but really if my house burned down, would I replace them? No. I'd stay with Cds and digital. It just works better for me. So yeah, they will probably go and the money will go straight to the house fund.

My plan will take some time. There are hurdles to get over for sure. But I just so desire a home of my own. I've dreamed about it for years now. And I know with my plan I got I can earn that home. All my friends have homes. Maybe its time that I get one of my own as well. Its a nice investment for my family's future. All I can do now is save big and dream big. That means going without for a while and I'm fine with that. So long as I continue towards the goal of a house.

Dream of change and it will head your way. If you want it bad enough, you can find a way to earn it.

Well I got about a thousand things to get done this week, so I will trekkkk on. Love all of you!

--T

No comments: