Monday, October 10, 2016

Keep the Train on the Tracks

Friends,

Life is full of shit sandwiches. We all gotta take a bite and swallow it down our gullet. We do this as we strive to keep ourselves distracted that we are actually eating shit. We keep the dreams carved in our heads that one day we'll get to move on to a tastier meal, or that the taste will not effect us as much. We ALL got big plates of shit we gotta scarf down. It isn't "woe is me." Its "woe is US."

I have many things tripping me up this last week. Service Engine Soon light on my Bat Blazer, the horrible election we're rolling through, work woes, worries about my dad, dreams plaguing me, motivation stops, sickness, energy levels, dieting ups and downs, depression, anger, confusion...

...but I'm keeping the train on the tracks.

Its all we can do, right? Keep chipping away at the things that hold us down. Set the goal, work your ass off and be patient. That's what it all comes down to.

I do have some things to be happy about. For instance:


In the new Horrorhound magazine, my boy Caleb got a shout out! He would have absolutely been floored at seeing his name like this in THE horror magazine of the world. It would be like as if they made a Star Trek character named after me. The last time Caleb and I were together when he was moving, we looked through a pile of Horrorhound magazines he had. He was a big fan of it. We even went to Horrorhound in March. It was immensely cool of them do that for him. Class act, that magazine is. Awesome.

BLAST FROM THE PAST! At one of the collector stores locally, I found a stack of old Mad Magazines for $1 each. I find a few I used to have including this one: My first Mad Magazine ever. Hell, this might be considered my first COMIC BOOK ever. In a year where I'm mourning the passing of the great Jack Davis as well, this was a cool find.
This week I snuck out and got some art pages done on Starslam 3! I got about six in total and have been working parts of the weekend on inking them. Here's a look: 



The only thing keeping me sane lately is my ability to express myself creatively. I have many outlets from the drawing, writing, audio and video stuff I do. The dreams in my head swirl as I continue to carve out my little corner of the world. I work hard to shut out the distractions that keep me from my ultimate goals in these things. I think by the end of 2017, we'll see them all come to light. For now its just about hunkering down and getting it all done.

Today I am going to spend some time writing and then go somewhere private to work on pages. I need this jump start to happen. My personal "check engine soon" light is on. But hey, still got some good miles left in this jalopy.

--T

No comments: