Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Life Progress

Welcome back my friends.

There's so much bullshit going on in the world right now. Yet another controversy in comics (guy drew girl too sexy again... how dare they), politics basically imploding (she did/sad, he said/they wont/will) and man, I'm just tired of all of it. Really sick of it. Every time I plug in, I just get dragged down by whats going on out there. I'm better off when I have my head in the sand and I am far away from all of it. So I forsee another break from social media. I cannot trust myself. Maybe this time, it might stick.

I got stuff I'm working on anyway. I am starting a major fruit/veggie fast this week. Its going to be tough but it has to be done. I'm busy working on Starslam 3 stuff, Patreon stuff, writing things, sketchbook works and other creative outlets. At least those things can distract me and always make me happy. I've tapped back into free form thought, writing and sketching in my large sketchbook. Check it:






Its rare that I share my journal/sketchbook randoms in this blog so enjoy that peek. Some dark shit goes on in there. I've done those books since I was in high school. They are my therapy.

The work on Starslam 3 continues. I scanned a bunch of new pages (about 22) and got them ready for coloring. Here's a scene where Starslam and Tara begin some flirting while working out. Hmmm....



This past Saturday I had my last signing appearance of the year (or ever?) at Summit Comics in downtown Lansing. Some friends dropped by and it was good to see them. I sold a few prints and books and did a quick cover commission of Neegan for a book:


I haven't shared much about the upcoming Patreon campaign. But the work is in progress. Here's a SFW non-spoilery look at what I'm doing so far for it. 


So that's the workload on the creative side. On the dayjob, things are ramping up to the busy season so I am looking forward to some major overtime (I hope). I need to save for several things for next year. Yet another move, and to get my boys jointly. I will need to buy furniture, clothes and other things to prepare for their days living with me. Little James is growing up so much:


This week they went trick or treating... Dressed as Superman and Spiderman! I won't attempt to tell them that such a team up would never happen in comics, but whatever! It seems like they had a good time:


James ridin' with his school crush.
Other than that, I am drifting through these somber days and trying to right my ship. I just gotta keep creating, keep ignoring the bullshit of the world, and get myself fit (mentally and physically). There's a lot of changes happening for sure. Its a scary time. But I will get through it like I always have. I have things to look forward to: My dad is coming to visit this weekend. I reserved my hotel for Horrorhound next year. I'm super excited about Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. Kitty D and I have already made our lists and checked em 300 times. That NES retro thingie is coming soon. I'm toying with maybe getting a PS4 at some point during or after the holidays. Maybe treat myself for the hard work on the dieting and changes happening.

As always, onward and upward... to ALL of us!



No comments: