Wednesday, November 23, 2016

The Gathering of the Juggalos of Thoughts

Another blog so soon? Eh, why not. Its my outlet to write in the mornings. Plus people dig it, so fuck it. Let's go.

I'm out of new Howard Stern and podcasts this week, so I am listening back to old Idiothead Morning Show episodes from this past year. First of all, I think I'm boring as fuck and you folks are saints for still listening! Second of all, I've drifted through a lot of shit. I re-read some blogs over the last couple years and I gotta say this: I'm really goddamn lucky.

We look at 2016 as a shit year and yeah, it has been! Lots of celebrity death, lots of personal losses, economy being so-so, bad events, political BS.. on and on. But you know, I'm happy to have those things. I'm grateful I have the works those musicians, artists and actors left behind. I'll always have them with me. I'm grateful to have met a man like Caleb and I know his friends and family. We will continue to carry his spirit on with us the rest of our lives. I'm grateful for the bad shit that has happened to me. It kind of puts a nice spin on the good things that have happened to me and makes me more grateful to have them. We got to be alive at a great time to know these things and have them with us no matter what. Be grateful for that.

I'm slowly putting together my best of 2016 list and its surprisingly full of content! For as much bad shit that has happened this year, we got a lot of good things as well. And we're still here to keep the fires burning on the good things we have and of things to come.

I got a spark of enthusiasm about my projects this week and I know the end game of some of them now. I know how to push forward in the things I want to do. I'm making plans for things to come in 2017. Some things will be checked off my bucket list, that is for sure! I am returning to and embracing things that are important to me.

All in all, its a good thing to be right where we are. I know, you turn on the news or check the trending Twitter topics, it doesn't feel like it. But we're here. We're still standing and we're kicking ass. We'll be here to rise up and make our voices heard. Through our works and on down to how we treat each other. We are good people and we will prevail. And the art of who we are and what we do, will remain.

I'm proud and happy to stand with all of you, my friends. Let's keep rocking and rolling. Happy Thanksgiving.

--T

No comments: