Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Gearing Up the Holidays

Hey friends!

Seems like everyday I am going, going, going. In a couple days it will be Thanksgiving. I'm going to have a friend come by to eat, along with my kids for a couple hours. Then I will have two glorious days of peace and quiet. I don't plan on doing anything. Not going anywhere. Maybe pick up a pencil or two, but other than that, just staying at home and spending time with my girl. Sunday I'll have the kids again, and then its back to work. But I am very much looking for this little mini break I am getting. I need it. The day job, while I love it, it can get a bit mundane and I am looking forward to a break. I'm getting older and things just seem to take more out of me. Plus this:

Star Trek: FIRST CONTACT came out 20 years ago today. It was the best of the TNG movies. It also is the only movie I saw twice in the same day. I saw it early in the day, as I do with all Trek movies that come out. Then at night a group of friends all wanted to go see it so I went with them. It was worth it. It ranks highly on my favorites of the Trek flicks.But 20 years???? MAN THAT MAKES ME FEEL OLD!!!!!

But its not all bad. My new kitty has brought some life and excitement to the daily drone on. 

She LOVES to drink out of our cups. Can't leave them laying around or else she'll tip them over.

And she's EXCELLENT with the kids!


James sitting in her toy basket.
But its not all without some productivity in the house. This week I took the Bat Blazer for a tune up and got some erotica pages inked. Also did some new Pleasant Life 2 pencils...

New Pleasant Life 2 pencils!
And I paid my colorist and so I got a slew of new pages from him and man are they killer! I can't show the bulk of them cause (spoilers) but here are a couple: 

Starslam 3 colors!

Man, the HQ hasn't looked any better than this!
Man, Andy is killing it with the colors on these pages! My art has never looked better! Its a great high note to go out on!

Whoa, whoa, what? "Go out on?" What does that mean?

I'll let those thoughts gestate for the time being, but I'm really thinking about doing other things beyond comics. Like the novel writing. Getting back into oil painting. Doing model kits for my home, etc. I figure why not finish all the projects I promised and then call it a day for a while... or longer than that. It will be a while before that can happen, and who knows what vigor will be reignited in that time from now til then. But I'm considering all these things as I move forward. 2017 will be a huge year as far as releases from me goes. You'll see a lot of me in print form. After that, I have nothing planned. Not sure if I will plan anything either.

But let's not dwell on those thoughts today. We've got a lot of work to get done before those questions can even be pondered. Four comic projects. Two novels. Its a lot to get done, so the work continues. Also: I got some special plans for the video youtube channel I plan on announcing very soon. A nice little Xmas present coming for ya'll!

I'm such a cock tease...

I hope everyone has a good holiday weekend. I know I will!

Much love, T

2 comments:

Unknown said...

An end to Starslam? Nooooooooooo *breath* oooooooooo.

You've got a lot of talent, mate. Whatever you decide to do, you'll do great.

Phymns said...

Who knows, sir! I'm sure after the smoke clears, I'll have more to do. You never know. Or as Spock says: "There are always possibilties!"