Friday, November 18, 2016

Pre-Holiday Thoughts

Hey friends!

My commission sale drive continues until next week Thanksgiving! Details HERE - We've already raised an additional $250 for the Arlee Rodgers fund for her surgery and I appreciate it. Let's keep it going!

Arlee's family is on my mind this weekend. This weekend is the Days of the Dead con in Chicago. Last year this time, Arlee's dad Joe, myself, Caleb and his wife Colleen drove through the two day blizzard to get to the show for one night only. It was scary as hell but we made it. I had a great time at the show itself. You can see pics and a recap right HERE - We got drunk off our ass, danced and partied. I met some new celebs and bought some cool shit. But it was my first horror con and I was loving every second we were there. This year Joe, his wife and Colleen are going. I wish I could but I have my kids this weekend and no days off left in which to head out there as well. I wanted to go out if only to toast to my friend Caleb and celebrate his life with my friends, his friends and family. I called for a rain check on that event until March Horrorhound in Cincinnati. Still, I wish I could have gone. I've been thinking about the trip from last year a lot and how much fun it was, despite the scary snow drive. I hope to make it to many more horror shows and bring Caleb's spirit with us every time we go. I guess that makes these things even more special than they were before. So that's a good thing. I certainly will never forget that weekend last year... or him.

This weekend I have my boys and next week is Thanksgiving! We've already bought our turkey and have made plans on what we are going to do. I'll have the boys for three hours that day and a friend might be joining us. Other than that, I plan to just take it easy for a couple days. I REALLY need to relax and have some quiet time. I never get to do that and I desperately need it. We got some things to do on Saturday that will be fun, other than that, I am just going to focus on the therapy I need of relaxing. I might get productive on some artwork, but I'm not promising myself anything other than some much needed rest/relaxation... whatever form that takes.

I plotted out some new pages for Starslam 3 and scanned a bunch of new things for the Patreon.. whenever that is going to launch. I might do some inking on the pages this weekend if the kids let me. We shall see.

I'm addicted to the new Neal Morse album, THE SIMILITUDE OF A DREAM. It might dethrone Anthrax's FOR ALL KINGS as my album of the year. Its a big musical journey, for sure. Ranks up there with some of his best. You can check out the album yourself on Itunes or order it through his website HERE - If you like prog rock, stuff like early Genesis, Yes, Floyd and other stuff, you'll certainly dig this.

I wrote a song at work the other night. Some great lyrics that I need to hone down and put music to. I know early on this year I got a new bass and wanted to do some recording. Those plans never happened. But I still desire to get something going with it. Perhaps after the holidays and I get a couple of these comic/book projects out the door, I might focus some creative energy that way. I'd like to. I got a ton of good personal songs I'd like to get done and out into the world in some form. Maybe the Patreon? Who knows! We'll figure it out.

Thanksgiving is the precursor to the big Xmas season. I've already started buying presents for the kids and Kitty D. I have a lot to be thankful for this year. Yes, even after this year of absolute shit. Right now I'm just thankful I'm awake and still here. Its all I need at the moment. And next week I'm going to cook the fuck out of a large 22 pound Turkey, Taters, Dumplings, Stuffing, Biscuits, Asparagus, Beans and more. To celebrate life and love. To think to the good days ahead.

Yeah, sometimes we're all deep in the shit. But we know the light keeps us safe and sane. We can be each others light. Let's keep striving for that.

--T

No comments: