Thursday, March 30, 2017

Re-Applying For My Dream/My NSFW Smut Comics...and Kittens!

Hello my friends, welcome back.

In an effort to aid my re-applying for my dream job that I've been doing since 1994, I've been evolving my thinking and my business model. This is something I started early last year but it got shelved as I dealt with everything that happened in the personal life. Now that the smoke has cleared, and I've got more clarity and research done, its almost time to get rolling on it.

Before I get to that, some personal postings: 


This weekend Kitty D and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary with a trip to Mongolian BBQ... one of our favorite places!

Good news! Our cat Belle had her kittens! In total there were five born, but two didn't make it. It was a tough thing to see happen and deal with. But so far, three are healthy and strong. For the first week its constant nursing and tiny mews. But within a couple weeks here, they will be crawling all over and digging those tiny claws into my leg and what not. We're talking with some various folks to get them good homes to go to. We didn't know Belle was pregnant when we got her, so we got quite a bargain I say!

Now on to business: Check out some newer art...

Spoiler free peeks at PLEASANT LIFE 2 and something else that has been secret for a while...
I started out last year with the drive to launch a Patreon page dedicated to new exclusive NSFW adults only comics. Some would be side Starslam stories but most of them would be stand alone erotica and only exclusive to the Patreon supporters and followers. I shelved the comics and stories I was working on when everything in the personal life got in the way. But now that the smoke has cleared and I've been more productive that usual, its time to start thinking about doing that again.

What I want to do is get a few stories in the can and then launch it. Right now, it will be set up in such a way where you get one exclusive story a month, a few side erotica/humor comics, stories and blogs/vlogs/audio exclusive to ONLY the Patreon. It is my intention to take the momentum I've harvested here on my idiothead.com site and bring it over there as well and build a nice community of followers and supporters. I really hope that you will consider following me over there. I intend to keep the prices low for my supporters and use it as the new business model for me to do things.

Crowd funding is the way of the future. And through those efforts I've done on Kickstarter, I've discovered that the majority of my audience likes and enjoys my NSFW content. Its something I've grown increasingly comfortable with and needed to find a way to get it out to everyone. Taking smut books to a family friendly comic con isn't ideal. But Patreon and Kickstarter seem to have a lot of like minded folks who want to support good adult content. And I've strived to keep my things female friendly and sex positive.

I started this movement in my work back in the mid-2000s when I started taking on more adults only commission work. And in 2009 when I started STARSLAM as a superhero erotica comic. Then it became a webcomic in 2011. Then a Kickstarter in 2014. Its just snowballed from there. And currently, I'm busy working on the third STARSLAM book in the trilogy! Check out a newly colored page right here: 

Andy's colors are just killing it, man! Its never looked better.
With Kickstarter working with my Starslam work and Patreon backing up my other NSFW content, this will keep the business afloat for me to continue other endevours. Like my slice of life comic: Pleasant Life and other stuff I have planned. So expect PLENTY from me in the coming days.

Right now, I'm planning on launching the Patreon page sometime this summer. I could launch it today if I wanted to, but I want to be sure that the stories are all set in my backlog before I attempt a launch. I really want to come out the gate with this thing on all four legs and moving. I'm gonna chase the whimsy and see where it goes. Its been my plan all along.

So the cat is out of the bag, so to speak. This is what I've been teasing and building towards until life got in the way. But now we're almost ready to go. Will you be willing to join me at the Patreon and support the new comic work I will be doing? Do you like the way I write and draw erotica comics? Will you help me build that community there as you have supported me here?

We're in this together, folks. Help me make the leap toward the future and we can get new readers involved with what we're doing here. Onward and upward!


....I intend to!

--T

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Actually, I already back a couple of other Patreon projects I enjoy, and that's without really being invested in it ahead of time. Just a fun way of supporting artists I enjoy.

So for you? Most definitely. Especially if vol. 3 ends up being the last Starslam, and this is the only way to get side-stories. Because I am sure I will be able to think of more things I'd like to see her do.