Sunday, April 02, 2017

Weekend Recording


Hey friends! I'm back home from a couple days in Midland recording music and hanging out with my oldest friend (and IDIOTHEAD bandmate) Shane Logan. It has been almost 11 years since we recorded music together and about 6 years since we hung out together. Finally we got a spare couple days off and we make it happen. We did skit tapes, shopped for retro games and played VR and PS4 games. Then we also recorded two songs. One is a remake of an old old old song of ours, another was a brand new one. Not sure what will be done with them beyond appearances on the podcast or if they will appear on a new album yet, but you never know! We plan to get together again this summer for another session.

All in all it was quite enjoyable for me to get away from it all and reconnect with my past a bit. Plus collaborate with one of the only people on this planet who can literally read my mind. It is comforting to know that no matter how much older one gets, or how much has changed and new responsibilities have been taken on, that at the core we can still be our old selves. Very refreshing weekend of fun and creativity!

I'll let the pics do the talking now. Its back to the grind for me. I got a ton of things to do all this week and for the next few weeks as well. See you folks soon!

Recording some audio skit comedy.

Lego room panorama

Shane's boy Evan is really creative! He made this arcade cabinet. I did something very similar when I was his age.

Holy Crap!!!

Where the magic happens.

Sometimes I try the drums too.... badly.

Sight reading some Beatles while we jam.

Recording a guitar track for our song.

Two old men making new offensive music. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Cheers, T

No comments: