Saturday, May 27, 2017

Vacation Week!

Hey friends!

I'm reporting to you from my much needed vacation week. We took some travels to go see my father in southern Illinois, and it was a good trip all around. We ate hearty, saw all the family and spent as much time with dad as we could. He seems to be getting along mostly okay, which is all you can ask sometimes. We visited the graveyard and paid respects to everyone there too, especially Mom and Gloria. We found the drive there to be enjoyable but the drive back was a pain. It rained the whole way, semi trucks were not able to stay in their lane (had a couple close calls). It just took a long damn time to get back. We are taking the time now to relax and enjoy each other's company, as well as just enjoying being home. We are NEVER home due to working so much. And when we are home, we usually have a house full of kids or friends... so there's never any US time or even ME time. Yesterday we did just that. We had separate ME time and then US time. Much needed. I'm getting some reading done, which is good. Yesterday I spent time with Mr. Booze and played guitar for a while. I was happy that my carpal tunnel didn't act up very much so I could get some playing in. One day I cooked us a big breakfast and we were enjoying the nice weather and air flowing through the apartment.

Its taking in the little things that make a vacation worth having.

And of course boredom creeped in and so I had to get some work done. I shrunk and scanned over 25 pages of art for Starslam 3. I cleaned them up digitally and then sent them to my colorist. I even penciled 5 new pages before my hand gave out. I'm trying to adjust, folks. I'm trying.

This weekend I got some activities planned that I keep delaying. Including yet another Nintendo party with friends. That should be fun. Then a planned outing on Sunday. Also I hope to squeeze some more artworking and reading in there somewhere. I feel the vacation days dwindling away and I hope I can feel nice and refreshed before Tuesday rolls along and I am back to the day job grind.

This last week some stuff went down that I didn't comment on yet publicly. I've been too busy. First up was the passing of Roger Moore. He was the first 007 that I remember watching as a kid. Later on as an adult I'd go on to enjoy all the Bond movies, making Sean Connery my favorite. But Roger always had a special place in my heart for starting it all for me. He made being a deadly spy fun. RIP.

Also this week was the 40th Anniversary of STAR WARS. Now most know me as a hardcore STAR TREK guy, but credit where credit is due... Star Wars came first in my life. I remember watching it on Betamax as a kid for the first time and how the world changed for me. I listened to the records and books. I played with all the action figures (some I still have). In college I collected all the new figures (Still have em). Even today I still buy the occasional Han Solo or Jedi Luke. I remember my college job of working in a theater during Phantom Menace opening night. I was watching my kids the other day waving their light sabers while watching Star Wars. So many memories.... so many good times.

Well I got relaxing to do and I'm likely to cook a meal for my bae here in a bit. Then off to my gatherings. Everyone have a good Memorial Day weekend! Let's enjoy the time off while we still have it.

--T

No comments: