Thursday, July 20, 2017

Seeking Stability


Hey friends... um.... yeah... I uh... (zzzzzzzzzzzz)

I'm completely out of wack this past week. Working a 3rd shift schedule at the day job and its kinda zapped everything out of my week. I sleep in a few chunks throughout the day and its not consistent. I have not been able to accomplish a damn thing beyond basic eat/sleep type of existing. I start out the 3rd shift work just fine (siphoning off an AMP drink), but then twirl down like a top.

This is me on the first night of overnights around 7am. Barely surviving. Look at them heavy eyelids and dark dark dark circles!
Used to be when I was younger and trimmer I could stay up 2-3 days and get shit done. Not anymore. Simple changes throw me off. I need consistency in my schedule or else I'm unable to function even basically.

Luckily, my 3rd shift obligations end with tonight's shift. Then one more week of a couple mid-shifts and then back to my regular schedule at the day job. I can start to get back in the swing of things. My brain won't be as scattered, I can be more alert and not as moody.

Only productivity I've managed to produce this week is laying out In-design pages for word ballooning all projects on my plate. That took two hours, but I'm glad I slogged through it. All pages (that are done) are placed in the templates and ready to rock. Tedious, but its done. Every day I need one small step forward. I'll take what I can get, you know?

Luna Butt has been sympathetic... even though she likes to use me as furniture.

I showed my night crew friends a nice breakfast at GOLDEN HARVEST. Worf approves.

Before this crazy week, I cleaned the house up really great. James helped vacuum on Sunday, natch... but I organized books and the piles of CDs I've stacked up and reorganized the music organization. Progress.
Anyway, after this next week, I hope to start getting some stability, schedule-wise... thus lighting some firecrackers under my arse to get these pages word ballooned and ready to go. So much to do, so much to be awake and sane for.

Last thing: coming up pretty soon on my Idiothead Morning Show Podcast, I'll be doing episode 500. For that show I am holding a contest:

--Simply EMAIL ME a question (or a few) to read on the air and you will be entered into a drawing for THREE original art pages (1 from STARSLAM, 1 from PLEASANT LIFE and 1 from ANNA POCALYPSE) to be mailed to you! Only one winner will be drawn out of the names of people who email me at phymns@yahoo.com and ask a question before episode 500 airs. I will be collecting the questions and answering them live on the air. We got a little time, as I'm only on episode 483, but it will go pretty quickly. Might as well start plugging now and gathering questions. To enter, simply email me at "phymns@yahoo.com" and ask some questions for me to answer on the show. That enters you in. If you win, I will contact you for mailing info. ENTER NOW!!!!!!!!

Okay, off to your lives. Stay safe and sane out there!

--T

No comments: