Sunday, July 16, 2017

Bachelor Weekend

Hey friends.

Kitty-D has been out of town since early Friday morning and so I have been solo. I've managed to keep the house clean (I even did some sorting!), I dealt with some "Thinky Pain" alone and made it to work on time. Plus spent time with the kids! On Saturday I spent some time with myself by taking a road trip to Kalamazoo. I found a few gems and the trip was nice... except for the bad drivers and construction. I had forgotten how much I dislike driving on I-94 here in Michigan. Its a road that connects Detroit with Chicago. That road is an asshole driver magnet. I can't tell you how many times I've almost died on that road. Saturday was no exception. But I'm here and I'm okay.

However, my beloved Batblazer suffered an injury:

No, I-94 didn't do this. Kitty D backed up into a cement pole. She's okay and no one was hurt, but my baby got a bit of a black eye. We got tape over it now and a new light on its way. The rest is just cosmetic. No big deal, honestly. She's survived way worse than this. And plus it gives me something I can tease D about! She feels horrible about it, but honestly its really okay. I'm just glad no one was hurt. Now, if she did this to my Corvette... different story! Heh...

I had planned to get a bunch of stuff done this week but yeah... that didn't happen. I had a big round of thinky pain and some anger to work through. I was kinda moody, honestly. And I know it will get a bit worse. I gotta adjust my sleep starting tonight to do a week of overnights at the day job. And then next weekend, I got the kids for two overnights. No rest for the wicked. Hopefully I can keep my sanity somewhat. 

Even the girls are concerned for me!!
No worries folks. I will get back on the production train soon. I am in the home stretch with so much that I almost HAVE to at this point. Just gotta break free and shake off the shit and get going. This whole week has been recuperation. Just getting my brain back into gear. Dusting the shelves, as it were... literally and mentally. Summer cleaning? Maybe. That is what D is doing up north while camping. Spending time on the water and recharging while hanging out with her closest friend. I needed to do that a few times already this year. Now I'm staring at a few months of nose to the wall, hardcore grinding so I can set everything up I need to set up. When I emerge, I hope to have the knowledge which will lead to more money and overtime at the day job. (Which helps a few financial goals I got.) I hope to get my health somewhat under control. (So far its been a runaway train!) I hope to get my projects rolling and ready to release. (Always on my mind.)

So no, I didn't do much with my bachelor weekend other than cry into a pillow for a bit, work at the day job, took a stressful (but somewhat rewarding) trip, nap, get drunk and do a long rambling podcast and then spend time with my boys. Some bachelor weekend, eh? No strip clubs for me. No hookers and blow for this guy. Just business as usual.

Now if I can get my brain to shut up, I can take a nap and regulate my sleep to prepare for a week of night shifts. Pray for me, won't you? So much to conquer, so much to finish...

Sanity, find me.

--T

Ps- Got a couple messages asking what I thought of the announcement of a female Doctor Who: I honestly don't care who or what plays the doctor, so long as the writing is good. We got way bigger things to worry about and be mad at, don't you think? Forget the distractions, keep your eyes open to the arseholes fucking us. Stay awake. Resist the bullshit. Get registered to vote and get active! 

No comments: