Monday, November 27, 2017

Nice Break... Where Did It Go???

Hello friends.

After going through a few hell weeks of lots of OT at the day job, juggling things for artwork stuff and so much more, I got a nice stretch of a break over Thanksgiving. On Thursday we spent the day at my girlfriends parents house, eating hearty and watching the Lions lose, Trains Planes and Automobiles (A holiday must), before we went home and watched Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan. I'm happy to report that my GF liked the flick, or so she tells me. Ive never had a girl match my love of Trek and that is something I have come to accept in this life. But that is okay. More for me. I still dont understand their love of things like exotic coffees and shoes. So it goes. Luckily my girl doesn't have that shoe obsession, but she has about 85 different coffee mugs!

On Friday, I was able to get some shopping done (ONLINE! Im not a Black Friday guy at all), but I spent most of the day working on the big card set that is due next week. I got it 85% done by 5am. It was a long day to say the least. Saturday, more of the same... but I 100% finished the card set and got all my paperwork stuff done for it and a few other things. VERY productive weekend overall. D showed me this dark comedy called Lucky, which was her DVD pick to watch. On Saturday we cooked our turkey and had potatoes and dumplings again. I think I'm about turkey-ed out at this point. On Friday just for a break from it I took her to Crunchys in East Lansing, one of our favorites.

The boys helping to put together the tree on Sunday.

Sunday, I got the kids from 10 to 6pm. Driving the 25 minutes to where they live is hell on the poor Bat Blazer. See, there are some major issues going on with it. Including something coolant related and the transmission is going. I cannot really use reverse in it! But no worries... that will be fixed very soon...

My new baby?? STAY TUNED!
We got a lot of the Xmas decorations up, which the kids helped with. Finally after they left I watched that Jim Carrey/Andy Kaufman doc on Netflix and then my girl and I held hands and basked in the glow of our Christmas tree lights while watching Christmas Vacation... a holiday staple. Then I went to bed peacefully, until the damn cats woke me up at 7:30am!! 

All in all it was a refreshing break. I took naps where I could and rested my bad knee. I ate way more than hearty, I did online shopping and was very productive. But most importantly, I spent time with family. Much needed!

Now for December, I will be busy every weekend with my boys. I got the kids like three weekends this month I think. And one of the Saturdays I have free I am going to Port Huron to spend with my oldest son and do his Xmas. I think he will be very happy with his gift.

Me? I am gonna slog through the coming overtime, get the kickstarter commissions done and light the rockets under my ass to get STARSLAM 3 in the can. My Xmas shopping is 95% done and so I got that out of the way. Just a few things here and there to cross off the big TO DO list before I start to kick some ass! Lets make it happen!

Xmas present I got for the fur babies. Dont tell them!!!

The cards aint worth nuthin until that autograph is on em! Now they are worth bagz of money!! BAGZ I tell you!!

Hope your holiday went well. Be safe out there! Off to work I go...

~T

No comments: