Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thanksgiving Thoughts

Gobble Gobble my friends.

This year for Thanksgiving we are spending the day at my GFs parents, eating hearty, watching the Lions lose, and being merry. Then Fri through Saturday its back home for busy time. Except I have to work. I also gotta finish these cards like THIS WEEKEND in order to meet deadline. I got about 25 left to pencil/ink and about 60 to color. Ill make it, no problem. There is so many other things to do. I got a TO DO list a mile and 3/4ths long. I got some anger about some things going on, but also a lot of excitement as well. Nothing I want to spoil quite yet but things are about to get crazy here in Talleyland.

Its been a busy few weeks and last night, mentally, I kinda went to the zoo. I lost my mind about some stuff going on. I just simply lost it with anger and the stress of everything Ive been drifting through lately boiled over. But I did not drink, I did not cry. I just rolled through it. I got home and watched some Curb Your Enthusiasm and went to sleep. This morning I am better and ready to let it roll off my shoulders.

All I can have this morning is gratitude. Things I am thankful for. Like having a good job, my bills are all paid thanks to my hard work, loving and supportive fans around the world, a great relationship, great kids, any toy or cd/dvd/record I could want, etc. I could list them all but Ill just keep the good thoughts internal so they fight off all the bad think pain thoughts. So much great stuff is coming. So much... I truly feel like its going to be okay and everything I am working so damn hard for is going to come to fruition. Some major hurdles are about to be jumped over and kicked to the ground. Positive things are happening. Stuff that makes me excited to make it happen and enjoy the experience while it lasts!

And that is just in my personal life. In my professional life, at the day job Im about a NOIINE (Stern show reference) and in my second job, Im quickly approaching a personal TEN! I pencilled and inked two short stories for the Patreon page. I am getting these new sketch cards out the door. I am finally ramped up and better at consistency at getting things done. I ordered the books for the new Kickstarter and I am doing commissions and sketches for it. Everything Ive had on hold is now starting to come together. Its an exciting time.

When I think of these things, this greatness to come (personally and professionally), it is hard to dwell in the anger that derailed me last night. I am ashamed I let it get to me. Because in the end, it really does not matter. The only thing that matters is how I feel about things and my efforts to make things in my life happen. And right now, things are going great. You will see some of the positive stuff coming my way very soon.

Anyway, how about some pics?



We started XMAS shopping early. Lily Munster always likes the boxes we bring in.

Lilly and Luna Butt, sitting in a tree....

My one relaxing time the last few weeks was another Nintendo get together. I got to beat Kung Fu, TMNT 4 and played a few others. Always important to let loose and party like the old, old men that we are... Do we slay hookers and slam some blow and booze? No... we slam simple beers and play 30 year old video games. Look out ladies, HOT!!!
I am putting it all together. I am keeping it all together. In 2018, we shall all reap the results!

Happy Holiday to those who celebrate. May your turkeys be tasty and your taters be fluffy. I know mine will be.

~~T

No comments: