Tuesday, December 05, 2017

New Stuff Abounds!

Hey friends.

No deep thoughts today. Just got THE EROTIC ZONE comics back from Greko Printing and once again they have done a bang up job!!


No greater feeling than seeing the final product of your months and maybe years of hard work!
Im busy doing sketches and finishing up the commissions for all the orders. Some books have already gone out and I am shipping more this week. Keep your eyes peeled for them!

Life at the homestead is kind of quiet now that Thanksgiving is over and our Xmas shopping is done. We got the tree up and the cats are relaxing as usual:


Such a tough life....

Behold its majesty!!
In a more personal note, I had to say goodbye to an old friend this past week. That being the Bat Blazer:


Some of you might recall THIS OLD BLOG POST from two years ago where I drove to Illinois and got this vehicle. I got it with 104,000 miles on it and it got up to 139,000 miles. I replaced the starter last year and this year, it suddenly started acting up. Bubbling behind the dashboard (coolant issue) and serious revving and slowing (transmission). It was acting up big time. I did not dare drive it too far when I could avoid it. But driving all the way to work or out to get my kids is a 22 to 25 minute drive there and 22 to 25 minutes back. It certainly wore it down. And this last Friday when my GF attempted to head to work in it, it went south on her and pretty much gave up. And when she got it back to our parking lot, the back passenger tire popped and now its flat. She basically limped home one last time before passing out on us. My brother is going to claim the car now and use it for parts for his own Blazer.

The 1996 Chevy Bat Blazer and I have been through a lot. Two trips to Illinois, some to Detroit, all over Lansing many times, to Owosso, to Cincinnati twice, to Indianapolis Horrorhound, to a drive in outside of Indianapolis and more. Ive slept inside the car many times on trips and we bonded closely, as I do with all my cars. But this guy was special. He was older, wore out and not super pretty at times to deal with. It had all sorts of tiny problems like no cruise control, At the end the reverse did not work, radio didn't work until I replaced it, steering column was tilted, windows sometimes would not roll up, no AC in the summer, rips in the seats... but it got me where I needed to go and through some major transitions my like has taken me the last couple years, it got me through. I am honestly sad to see it go.

Luckily before Friday, I got this:


I could feel my Blazer going. I was nervous as hell about it breaking down and being stranded somewhere. I would talk myself out of doing even simple errands around town because I felt so limited and scared about the car breaking down. So I decided I needed to embrace a change and go for the best my money could take me to. Luckily my credit score has been climbing good enough that I got a car loan at a local dealer and got a new Chevy Equinox. Its a silver/gold type of color. Ive named it the PONY. (Stay gold, pony boy) Its got all the bells and whistles. Things I have taken for granted like AC, working seats, satellite radio and tons of room. Its masterfully safe and even gives me a camera to back up when I reverse. It will take us where we need to go safely and securely. We are already planning our vacation for next year with it. And I got a couple of my own I want to do. I now feel safe enough to attempt it.

I also feel strong enough to say that my hard work over the years has lead me to this point. I coulda got something cheaper, older and simpler. But this time, I wanted to go all out and get something really nice. I never get anything flashy for myself. Im pretty simple by nature. I am always talking myself out of the finer things. On this, I decided to embrace the WHY NOT and just go for it. Im happy to have done so. It feels good to step back and say YEAH, YOU EARNED THIS... and mean it. Metaphorically and financially.

But my plan is to pay this sucker off quick and really fast track my credit back to where it should be at my age. It will certainly give me a leg up with what I want to do in the future. I'm excited and now I'm literally enjoying the ride. Feels good to allow myself to enjoy something again. Ive spent way too much time feeling unworthy and beating myself up for stupid things. This time, I say FUCK IT. Enjoy it.

And I am.

Okay, lastly... I got some new pages from Andy my colorist for STARSLAM 3. I am now going to share some of these spoiler free SFW images. We are back to work on it! Enjoy:






Not much else is new with me beyond that. I bought my friends old acoustic guitar. I gotta clean and restring it but after STARSLAM 3 is done, I plan to maybe break it out and do some song writing again. I would like to anyway. I'm just chasing whimsies here, folks. Better than being depressed the fuck out all the time!!

Okay, back to work with me. I have a ton of things to do and get out the door. Thanks for reading!!

~~T

No comments: