Monday, December 11, 2017

The Long December of Snow and Shitty Drivers


The snow is falling outside. I am not a fan of it. For the most part I do not mind snow, because it is beautiful and helps one mentally get into the spirit of the season.

What I do not like is driving in it. How arseholes around me drive fast and cause accidents... cost money during the holidays... put lives in danger. This weekend I drove to Flint to meet my oldest son halfway to give him his Xmas presents. It was a brief meeting but at least I got to do it. I had to drive in the snow and on the way I saw 9 cars in the ditch. Its only 1 to 3 inches deep outside. What the serious fuck, people?

Arseholes abound. The other night my girl and I were driving home and the cops were chasing a car trying to make a getaway. They crashed into someone behind me and headed our way. We swerved quickly into a parking lot and drove toward the back to avoid the situation. In our rear window we saw the car stop, the cops emerge with their guns drawn. For a minute I had a fear the people in the getaway car would make a run for it and perhaps run in our direction... putting us in the line of fire. But they got back into their broken vehicle and made a run for it, with three cop cars on their tail. I keep checking the news to see what that was or what the outcome was but cannot find anything. Safe to say, we decided to take the opposite way home. It shook us up pretty bad. Its one thing to see a dangerous high speed chase on Tv, quite another to see it a mere 20 feet from you. I will stay at home, thanks.

I was going to wake up early today and do some last minute Christmas shopping and then go see THE DISASTER ARTIST at 10am. I didn't make it. I was up at 9am, but the warmth of the bed made me not want to leave. Plus I can see the snow falling outside. Ive already pulled out my long johns to wear when I have to leave the house today. Its been a long work week. I had 18 hours of overtime and I will likely have even more this week. I have a TO DO list that is about 20 miles long. I still have more commissions and sketches to do to get these Kickstarter books in the mail. Over 1/2 of them have been sent out. I will not rest this week until they are all done and headed out.

I got a million things to do, a billion distractions I want to do... if I only had the time. I don't. So I have to suck that up and be thankful that I am busy. It is welcome, despite all I try to put in front of it. This week I will finish those books, I will get even more inks on STARSLAM 3 done. I will pencil and ink another story and some pinups for the upcoming Patreon page. Then I will treat myself by seeing STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI and then hanging with my kids this weekend. Hopefully sometime I can try and see THE DISASTER ARTIST as well. After all, all work and no play make Adam something something.

I am enjoying Sirius Radio again, thanks to my new car. Ive re-downloaded the app and am enjoying the streaming features. Howard Stern constantly distracts me and makes me laugh. I'm on a big TOM WAITS kick thanks to a featured UNCUT magazine all about him. We took the night off and watched CAPTAIN RON on Amazon Prime and last night I watched some MST3K while I was cleaning the bedroom and counting the presents I still need to get for Xmas. Hopefully done with that this week.

Anyway, just updating everyone. Im off to take a dump, pull on my long johns, scrape off the car and avoid the idiot drivers on the way to work. Yippie. Thug life.

Cheers, T

No comments: